Santa Monica, California offers more than its beautiful beach and year-round warm weather. Its proximity to the greater Los Angeles area makes Santa Monica the perfect base for vacationers and business travelers alike.
Some of the reasons why people visit Santa Monica are:
- a walkable 8.3 square miles (21.5 km²)
- 3.5-miles stretch of coastline
- laid-back beach town atmosphere with big city sophistication
- eight neighborhoods offering a diverse mix of shopping, dining, entertainment, outdoor recreation (explore more with videos highlighting each area)
- easily accessible public transportation and rentals making it easy to go car free
For travelers aiming to discover the rest of Los Angeles and the greater Southern California region, Santa Monica serves as a convenient hub for broader exploration.
Reasons to base yourself in Santa Monica:
- only eight miles (13 km) north of Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- only 13 miles (21 km) from the heart of Downtown Los Angeles
- easy access to neighboring areas and attractions
- close to other popular Southern California cities such as Beverly Hills and Hollywood