Santa Monica Hotels for Every Budget
Santa Monica hotels range in price and budget depending on their location and amenities.
Santa Monica hotels that are closer to the beach or Santa Monica pier may be more expensive, whereas neighborhood locations may be more affordable depending on their proximity to the beach. Explore options from Santa Monica luxury hotels to more budget friendly options.
Is it Worth Staying in Santa Monica?
Santa Monica offers a better value than other areas of Los Angeles/Southern California because:
- It offers beachfront and oceanfront access hotels
- Hotels offer rooms and suites with pacific ocean views
- It provides a centrally located base for your Greater Los Angeles visit
- Most hotels offer a high-quality property and experience
- The city is compact and walkable with a variety and quality of surrounding amenities such as restaurants and shopping
Santa Monica Luxury Hotels
- Have average daily rates (average price) over $300
- Somewhat higher rates during the weekends and summer seasons
- May have additional fees for parking, high-speed WiFi, and room service
- Many offer free electric shuttles
- Look for deals for hotel loyalty members and email subscribers during off-peak seasons (spring and fall)
Luxury hotels in Santa Monica include:
Boutique and Mid-Range Hotels
Boutique and mid-range hotels are typically smaller than luxury hotels and more likely to be a block further from the beach. These hotels are also typically located downtown Santa Monica near Third Street Promenade.
Boutique and mid-range hotels in Santa Monica include:
Affordable Santa Monica Hotels
Affordable hotels in Santa Monica are usually further from the beach but offer lower rates for long-term visitors such as international tourists and large families.
Affordable hotels in Santa Monica include:
Discover Santa Monica
Explore itineraries, local tips, hot spots and curated adventures to make sure you get the most out of your Santa Monica experience.