Santa Monica Weddings
Santa Monica’s wedding venues host thousands of weddings and wedding receptions throughout the year! The beaches, hotel amenities and large group dining and reception options make our city the perfect place to celebrate your love.
For more information, please contact the City of Santa Monica Community Services Department at (310) 458-8300.
Weddings on the Beach
Beach weddings are allowed on Santa Monica State Beach and in Palisades Park. The City does not issue permits for wedding ceremonies (or other small gatherings) at the beach, but all rules must be obeyed:
- Weddings may be held anywhere on the beach as long as lifeguard views are unobstructed.
- Space is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Weddings must have less than 150 participants on site.
- Weddings may also be held at Palisades Park.
- Tables, chairs, runners and small archways
- Canopies under 400 square feet
- Stages under 30 inches high
- Amplified sound between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.
- Structures that would require building and safety permits or fire permits
- Tents with side panels
- Vehicles on park turf or pathways, sand, bike path or Ocean Front Walk
- Staking anything into turf or attaching anything to trees, shrubs, facilities and other amenities
- Blocking sidewalks or pedestrian pathways
- Fires, cooking, alcohol, glass containers and smoking
- Generators in parks or on the beach
A Wedding Venue with a View
Located on Santa Monica State Beach, the Annenberg Community Beach House can accommodate wedding parties from 10 to 400 persons. It’s a popular beach wedding option during summer, where beachfront ceremonies can easily turn into evening celebrations.
For more information on the Annenberg Community Beach House, call (310) 458-4934.
Hotel Wedding Venues
Many Santa Monica hotels offer wedding venue and reception space, plus amenities, dining options and other services. The Santa Monica Travel & Tourism Sales Department can help book room blocks (typically 10 or more rooms/night) at all price points. Call (800) 771-2322 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.