Santa Monica Group Booking Contest
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before entering the competition. By entering you indicate that you accept these terms and conditions and you agree to be bound by them.
To incentivize meeting planners to book Santa Monica hotels, Santa Monica Travel & Tourism will offer a four-night hosted hotel stay to one prize winner. To be entered into the contest, meeting planners must submit an RFP for a minimum of 75 rooms for at least 2 nights at an average rate of US$275.00 or more. The RFP must be submitted November 1, 2021 – January 31, 2022.
1. Eligibility: The Santa Monica Group Booking Contest is open to anyone at least eighteen (18) years or older at time of entry. Employees of Santa Monica Travel & Tourism, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, media and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
2. Agreement to Terms and Conditions: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Terms and Conditions, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Santa Monica Travel & Tourism as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
3. Contest Period: RFPs/entries will be accepted via https://www.santamonica.com/rfp starting on Monday, November 1, 2021 at 12:01am PST and ending on Monday, January 31, 2022 at 11:59pm PST. RFPs/entries received outside this time period will be void.
4. How to Enter: In order to enter, Contestants must submit an RFP for a minimum of 75 rooms for at least 2 nights at an average rate of US$275.00 or more. The RFP must be submitted via the online form at https://www.santamonica.com/rfp.
5. Winner Selection: There will only be one (1) winner of this Contest. The winner will be chosen at random by way of a random draw from all entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions by Santa Monica Travel & Tourism and will be notified no later than Friday, February 11, 2022. The winner will be notified via the email address which they listed on the RFP. Santa Monica Travel & Tourism shall have no liability for a Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning information. If a Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within seven (7) calendar days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS BY WINNER (AT SANTA MONICA TRAVEL & TOURISM’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. In case of disqualification for any reason, an alternative winner may be selected by additional drawing.
6. Prizes: The Winner of the Contest will receive a prize consisting of two (2) vouchers for a combined four-night hotel stay in Santa Monica. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Santa Monica Travel & Tourism to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and not redeemable for cash or any other prize.
7. Entry Conditions and Release: By entering this Contest (e.g., RFP submission), Contestant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions and the decisions of Santa Monica Travel & Tourism which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) understand and agree that Santa Monica Travel & Tourism, anyone acting on behalf of Santa Monica Travel & Tourism, and Santa Monica Travel & Tourism’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless Santa Monica Travel & Tourism from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to a Contestant’s participation in the Contest and/or Contestant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize.
8. Terms & Conditions: Santa Monica Travel & Tourism reserves the exclusive right to interpret all conditions relating to this Contest. Santa Monica Travel & Tourism reserves the right to extend or terminate the Contest at any time. Santa Monica Travel & Tourism reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that Santa Monica Travel & Tourism either finds to be (1) acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions; (2) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; (3) acting with the intent to threaten, annoy, abuse or harass any person or to disparage any goods or services of Santa Monica Travel & Tourism or to erode the goodwill of Santa Monica Travel & Tourism; or (4) exhibiting conduct that Santa Monica Travel & Tourism finds inappropriate, immoral, or otherwise objectionable. Submissions containing any matter which in the sole discretion of Santa Monica Travel & Tourism is indecent, defamatory, in obvious bad taste, which demonstrates a lack of respect for public morals or conduct, which contains information that is inconsistent with the mission of Santa Monica Travel & Tourism or which adversely affects the reputation of Santa Monica Travel & Tourism will not be accepted.Each Contestant represents and warrants that he or she is the sole author and owner of the entry, that the entry is wholly original with the Contestant, that it does not infringe any copyright or any other rights of any third party of which Contestant is aware. Santa Monica Travel & Tourism assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, or illegible entries or for any computer, online or technical failures or malfunctions.
Santa Monica Travel & Tourism reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Santa Monica Travel & Tourism’s control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Santa Monica Travel & Tourism in its sole discretion. Santa Monica Travel & Tourism reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual or Contestant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions or any other promotion. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal or civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Santa Monica Travel & Tourism reserves the right to pursue all of its available remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Santa Monica Travel & Tourism’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Santa Monica Travel & Tourism its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
10. Disputes: Contestant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively in an appropriate judicial or administrative forum of the State of California; and (3) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Terms and Conditions, or the rights and obligations of the Contestant and Santa Monica Travel & Tourism in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
12. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Terms and Conditions, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Sales & Services Manager, Santa Monica Travel & Tourism, 2427 Main Street, Santa Monica, CA 90405, USA. Requests must be received no later than Monday, February 28, 2022.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Santa Monica Travel & Tourism, 2427 Main Street, Santa Monica, CA 90405, USA.