Santa Monica's wedding venues host thousands of weddings and wedding receptions throughout the year because of the beach, hotel amenities and large group dining and reception options.
There are four common locations for a wedding in Santa Monica:
Weddings on the Beach
Santa Monica beach weddings are allowed on Santa Monica State Beach and within Palisades Park. The City does not issue permits for wedding ceremonies at the beach but users must obey all beach rules. These rules also apply to small gatherings.
Beach weddings in Santa Monica:
- can be held anywhere on Santa Monica State Beach, as long as lifeguard views are unobstructed
- space is available on a first-come, first-serve basis
- must have less than 150 participants on site
- can also be held at Palisades Park
- tables, chairs, runners, and small archways
- canopies under 400 square feet
- stages under 30” high
- amplified sound between 8am to 10pm
- structures that would require building and safety permits or fire permits
- tents with side panels
- vehicles on park turf or pathways, sand, bike path or Ocean Front Walk
- staking anything into the turf or attaching anything to trees, shrubs, facilities and other amenities
- blocking sidewalks or pedestrian pathways
- fires, cooking, alcohol, glass containers, and smoking
- generators are not permitted in parks or on the beach
For more information, please contact the City of Santa Monica Community & Cultural Services Department at 310-458-8300.
Annenberg Community Beach House Weddings
Located on Santa Monica State Beach, the Annenberg Community Beach House can accommodate wedding parties from 10 to 400. A popular beach wedding option during the summer where beachfront ceremonies can turn into evening celebrations.
For more information on the Annenberg Community Beach House call 310-458-4934.
Hotel Wedding Venues
Several Santa Monica hotels offer wedding venue and reception space, along with wedding amenities, dining options and a variety of services.
Hotels with available wedding reception space include:
- Cal Mar Hotel Suites
- Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows
- Hotel Casa del Mar
- Huntley Santa Monica Beach
- JW Marriott Santa Monica Le Merigot
- Le Méridien Delfina Santa Monica
- Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel
- Shutters on the Beach
- Viceroy Santa Monica
The Santa Monica Travel & Tourism Sales Department can help you book room blocks (typically 10 or more rooms per night), find hotel blocks at all price points and special event assistance by calling 800-771-2322 or emailing email@example.com.
Non-Hotel Wedding Venues
Non-hotel wedding venues include unique properties, restaurants, and multi-purpose space.
Non-hotel venues with available wedding reception space include:
- Museum of Flying
- Pacific Park/Seaside Pavilion
- Santa Monica Bay Women's Club
- Santa Monica Pier
- The Victorian
- Tiato Market Garden Cafe
- Joslyn Park Community Auditorium
- Marine Park Community Auditorium
- Reed Park Community Auditorium
For more information, contact the Santa Monica Travel & Tourism Sales Department by calling 800-771-2322 FREE or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about community auditoriums, please contact the City of Santa Monica Community & Cultural Services Department at 310-458-8300.