Santa Monica is going green for St. Patrick’s Day with food specials, fun events and authentic hometown pubs that make for the perfect celebration
SANTA MONICA, Calif., (March 16, 2022) – St. Patrick’s Day brings out the luck of the Irish in everyone and this year is no different when the celebration of everything green is in Santa Monica on March 17. The seaside city has a variety of Irish bars to belly-up to including Jameson’s Pub, O’Briens Irish Pub & Restaurant and Sonny McLean’s Irish Pub & Restaurant. Businesses also have a variety of St. Patrick’s Day events and specials planned.
Spending locally for St. Patrick’s Day matters. For every $10 spent at a Santa Monica business, as much as $7 stays in the community through taxes, payroll and other expenditures.
“Santa Monica is the perfect destination for celebrating festive holidays with family and friends and our local businesses are ready to welcome residents and visitors with fun events and specials that highlight the joy of St. Patrick’s Day,” said Misti Kerns, President and CEO of Santa Monica Travel & Tourism. “I encourage everyone to take advantage of what we have to offer throughout the city and to celebrate safely.”
Santa Monica has a variety of fun-loving Irish events and specials for St. Patrick’s Day:
St. Patrick’s Day Events
- St. Patrick’s Day Happy Hour Pub Crawl, Don your green, grab a brew, and commence with leprechaun jokes on the biggest St. Patrick’s Day holiday pub crawl party in West L.A with drink specials as low as $4 drafts, 2-for-1 mixers, and $5 shots. March 17 from 4 p.m. to 2 a.m. Tickets $40. Check-in at Barney’s Beanery Santa Monica.
- Lucky’s St. Patrick’s Day Bar Crawl, Enjoy specials at Barney’s Beanery Santa Monica and Cabo Cantina. March 19 from 4 p.m. to midnight Tickets from $20 to $25. Check-in at Cabo Cantina.
- Santa Monica Whaler – Come celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with The Whaler on March 17 starting at 6 a.m. Enjoy live music, das boot, beer bong, chambong, beer pong, green beer and drinks, green merchandise for sale, face painter, Irish food specials, and much more. Santa Monica Whaler.
- St. Patrick’s Day Saturday Pub Crawl Party, Don your green, grab a brew, and commence with Leprechaun jokes on the biggest St. Patrick’s Day holiday pub crawl party in West L.A with drink specials as low as $4 drafts, 2-for-1 mixers and $5 shots. March 19 from 2 p.m. to midnight. Tickets $40. Check-in at Circle Bar.
- The Victorian – Come get lucky this March 17 beginning at 2 p.m. for the biggest St. Patrick’s Day celebrations on the Westside. The Victorian.
- Pacific Park on the Santa Monica Pier – Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day on the 90-foot-tall Ferris wheel with glowing displays of Irish green patterns and lucky shamrocks on March 17 from sunset to midnight. The St. Patrick’s Day Ferris wheel lights celebration can also be watched online at Pacific Park on the Santa Monica Pier.
St. Patrick’s Day Specials
- Bruxie – Enjoy the St. Patrick’s Day mint shake and mint-chocolate shakes. These fan favorites are so refreshing, featuring mint-infused Wisconsin frozen custard with a splash of green for luck. Check out Bruxie.
- Busby’s West – Opening at 9 a.m. on St. Patrick’s Day and showing all March Madness games throughout the day. Enjoy $5 mimosas. Check out Busby’s West.
- DK’s Donuts – Celebrate with a St. Patrick’s Day box and share the lucky feeling with family, friends, co-workers, teachers and students; preorder now for March 17 at firstname.lastname@example.org or DK’s Donuts.
- Jameson’s Pub – The only Irish Pub on Main Street, Jameson’s is offering St. Patrick’s Day specials all weekend long. Inside and outside dining; opening at 6 a.m. on St. Patrick’s Day. Check out Jameson’s Pub.
- La Monarca Bakery – It’s a lucky day for baking on St. Patrick’s Day featuring conchas, cupcakes and more. Order now at La Monarca Bakery.
- O’Briens Irish Pub & Restaurant – Will be open at 8 a.m. on St. Patrick’s Day and will offer Irish breakfast from 9-11 a.m. A menu of Irish dishes will be served the rest of the day. Outside dining available. Check out O’Briens Irish Pub & Restaurant.
- Sonny McLean’s Irish Pub – Starting at 6:30 p.m., live at Sonny’s on St Paddy’s Day is “Shenanigans.” This Irish duo will play everything from classic pub songs that will have you singing and clapping along to lively fiddle tunes to rollicking Celtic rock. Check out Sonny McLean’s Irish Pub.
- Sweet Lady Jane Bakery – Enjoy special St. Patrick’s Day desserts on March 19. Choose between a St. Patrick’s Day triple berry cake that serves 6 to 8 people or try a St. Patrick’s Day cookie pack. Check out Sweet Lady Jane Bakery.
- Tiato – Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day all week long with buy one get one free on all green juices, a Reuben sandwich, and a St. Patty’s garden night special where you can enjoy buy one get one free on all beers and green cocktails. Check out Tiato.
- Ye Old King’s Head – Come and join in the fun on St Patrick’s Day, March 17. Doors open at 10 a.m., DJ, bagpiper, green beer, corned beef and cabbage and lots of shenanigans. Check out Ye Old King’s Head.
Stay up-to-date on St. Patrick’s Day specials and all that Santa Monica has to offer during this special time of year by visiting santamonica.com.
Santa Monica Travel & Tourism encourages locals and visitors to travel responsibly by following current health orders, taking advantage of public transportation and bring your fun-loving Irish attitude when visiting local businesses.
About Santa Monica Travel & Tourism
Santa Monica Travel & Tourism (SMTT) works to strengthen our local economy by enhancing and promoting our communities as a distinctive, compelling and welcoming travel destination. For more information visit santamonica.com, email email@example.com, or follow SMTT on Instagram (@SeeSantaMonica), Twitter (@GoSantaMonica) or Facebook (@VisitSantaMonica).