Santa Monica Restaurant Week Contest
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before entering the competition. By entering you indicate that you accept these terms and conditions and you agree to be bound by them.
To celebrate California Restaurant Month and highlight Santa Monica as an award-winning, health-conscious culinary destination, Santa Monica restaurants will offer a specially-crafted pomegranate dish for Santa Monica Restaurant Week, January 8-14, 2018. Throughout the week, diners are encouraged to share their Santa Monica Restaurant Week experience on social media for a chance to win a $500 USD culinary gift certificate.
1. Eligibility: The Santa Monica Restaurant Week Contest is open to anyone at least eighteen (18) years or older at time of entry. Employees of Santa Monica Travel & Tourism, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, media and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Santa Monica Travel & Tourism as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted via social media starting on Monday, January 8, 2018 at 12:01am PST and ending on Sunday, January 14, 2018 at 11:59pm PST.
4. How to Enter: The Contest can be entered via the following social media platforms: Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. In order to enter, Contestants must include the hashtag #smrestaurantweek within a relevant post, tweet or photo that relates to or shares their Santa Monica Restaurant Week 2018 experience. By using the hashtag #smrestaurantweek, Contestants thereby grant permission for Santa Monica Travel & Tourism to use their name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Contestants can submit as many entries as they like, and each unique entry is eligible for a prize according to these rules. Posts that are live/viewable for a temporary period of time (i.e. Instagram Stories) are not valid entries.
5. Winner Selection: There will only be one (1) winner of this Contest. The winner will be chosen at random by Santa Monica Travel & Tourism. The winner will be chosen and will be notified no later than Monday, January 22, 2018. The winner will be notified via the social media platform through which they entered. Santa Monica Travel & Tourism will message them, tweet to them or comment on their entry in order of notifying them of their win. Santa Monica Travel & Tourism shall have no liability for a Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning information. If a Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within seven (7) calendar days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT SANTA MONICA TRAVEL & TOURISM’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. In case of disqualification for any reason, an alternative winner may be selected by additional drawing.
6. Prizes: The Winner of the Contest will receive a prize consisting of one (1) gift certificate issued for the amount of $500 USD to a Santa Monica Restaurant Week 2018 participating restaurant of the Winner’s choice. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Santa Monica Travel & Tourism to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
7. Entry Conditions and Release: By entering this Contest (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), Contestant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Santa Monica Travel & Tourism which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) understand and agree that Santa Monica Travel & Tourism, anyone acting on behalf of Santa Monica Travel & Tourism, and Santa Monica Travel & Tourism’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless Santa Monica Travel & Tourism from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to a Contestant’s participation in the Contest and/or Contestant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize.
8. Terms & Conditions: Santa Monica Travel & Tourism reserves the exclusive right to interpret all conditions relating to this Contest. Santa Monica Travel & Tourism reserves the right to extend or terminate the Contest at any time. Santa Monica Travel & Tourism reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that Santa Monica Travel & Tourism either finds to be (1) acting in violation of these Official Rules; (2) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; (3) acting with the intent to threaten, annoy, abuse or harass any person or to disparage any goods or services of Santa Monica Travel & Tourism or to erode the goodwill of Santa Monica Travel & Tourism; or (4) exhibiting conduct that Santa Monica Travel & Tourism finds inappropriate, immoral, or otherwise objectionable. Submissions containing any matter which in the sole discretion of Santa Monica Travel & Tourism is indecent, defamatory, in obvious bad taste, which demonstrates a lack of respect for public morals or conduct, which contains information that is inconsistent with the mission of Santa Monica Travel & Tourism or which adversely affects the reputation of Santa Monica Travel & Tourism will not be accepted. Each Contestant represents and warrants that he or she is the sole author and owner of the entry, that the entry is wholly original with the Contestant, that it does not infringe any copyright or any other rights of any third party of which Contestant is aware. Santa Monica Travel & Tourism assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, or illegible entries or for any computer, online or technical failures or malfunctions.
Santa Monica Travel & Tourism reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Santa Monica Travel & Tourism’s control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Santa Monica Travel & Tourism in its sole discretion. Santa Monica Travel & Tourism reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual or Contestant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal or civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Santa Monica Travel & Tourism reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Santa Monica Travel & Tourism’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Santa Monica Travel & Tourism its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
10. Disputes: Contestant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively in an appropriate judicial or administrative forum of the State of California; and (3) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Contestant and Santa Monica Travel & Tourism in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
12. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winners’ names or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Marketing Manager, Santa Monica Travel & Tourism, 2427 Main Street, Santa Monica, CA 90405, USA. Requests must be received no later than Monday, February 26, 2018.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Santa Monica Travel & Tourism, 2427 Main Street, Santa Monica, CA 90405, USA.