American Film Market Events/Resources
October 31 – November 5, 2023
Le Méridien Delfina Santa Monica
Home to the only Sales Market produced by Independent Filmmakers.
Every November for more than 30 years, Santa Monica has welcomed American Film Market (AFM), the world’s premier film acquisition, development, and networking event. Each year, more than $1 billion in film distribution and financing deals are closed on films in every stage of development.
More business-oriented than any other motion picture event, at the private market thousands of professionals from all corners of the industry come together to develop, showcase, discover, finance, and license thousands of independent films and projects destined for the world’s audiences.
Impact on the Community
- Infuses $20M into the local economy supporting businesses and contributes to the City’s General Fund that funds local services.
- Small footprint, large economic impact over the 6-day market.
Same city, new location
Santa Monica has welcomed AFM attendees from all over the world for decades now. The attendees have enjoyed meals in our world-class restaurants, visited our picturesque beaches and iconic pier, and shopped at an abundance of our local stores. This year the market will be hosted at a new location, Le Méridien Delfina Santa Monica, 530 Pico Blvd, Santa Monica, CA, 90405. Due to this location change, we have been working hard with the leadership of the hotel to reduce any potential impacts to nearby residents of Le Méridien Delfina. The hotel management and staff look forward to creating a professional, welcoming environment for the market this year and for years to come.
Questions, concerns, feedback? We want to hear from you!
AFM in your Neighborhood
- October 31 – November 5, 2023
- Campus Hours: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Attendees of the AFM either walk, use the AFM-produced shuttle, or public transportation to travel from nearby hotels. A handful of residents in a concentrated area surrounding Le Méridien Delfina Santa Monica may experience some impact on parking. To help accommodate any inconveniences this may cause our Santa Monica neighbors, we encourage you to call the AFM Neighborhood Hotline at 213-340-5801 between 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. with any questions or concerns.
- AFM has partnered with 16 Santa Monica hotels and many different retailers and restaurants to ensure that local businesses have the opportunity to cater to the many attendees who visit Santa Monica during the event. If you would like to submit an offer exclusive to AFM attendees, please submit this form.
- Event attendees will fill local hotel rooms, restaurants, theaters, and retail outlets throughout the duration of the conference, infusing an estimated $20 million in spending into the local Santa Monica economy.
Extra Bedroom is back!
Do you wish you had an extra bedroom for guests during the holidays? You’re in luck because Santa Monica hotels are extending special rates to Santa Monica residents and their guests as part of the Santa Monica Extra Bedroom program, taking place November 13, 2023 through January 29, 2024! Simply show proof of Santa Monica residency to receive special deals at participating hotels.