Congratulations to Barbara Moss
Barbara Moss (2nd from the left) has been the banquet manager at the Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows for almost thirty years where she plans, orchestrates, and executes the operational end of convention and social events. She strives to make people happy, always appreciating being able to make someone’s dreams come true.
Barbara was born in Los Angeles and three days later her mom brought her home to Santa Monica. For the first fourteen years of her life, she lived on 17th and Pico.
Past Winners Include:
- Fernando Ceron, Loews Santa Monica beach Hotel
- Kat Wells, Santa Monica Free Ride
- Melanie Lawson, Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Santa Monica
- Derek Davis, Downtown Santa Monica Ambassador
- Jessica Mahone, Front Desk Manager at JW Marriott Santa Monica Le Merigot
- Mickey Barnes, Server at The Lobster
- Elizabeth Wilsonhoyles, Director of Guest Services at Huntley Santa Monica Beach
Has someone in Santa Monica made your day?
Destination Santa Monica is a proactive, successful, vibrant and desirable location in which to both live and work, and much of its success is credited to the people behind the over 1 billion dollars generated annually from tourism and hospitality revenues and taxes.
Santa Monica Travel & Tourism (SMTT) was lucky enough to have an exceptional 23-year employee, Thelma Parks who passed away in January of 2011. We are proud to launch the “Thelma Parks Tourism Spirit Award” to honor exceptional service in the hospitality and tourism industry.
The award plays an integral role in encouraging and rewarding excellence, innovation and commitment in the tourism and hospitality industry. Santa Monica businesses, residences and visitors can nominate others through an online form, which will be reviewed and selected by a committee of industry peers, experts and leaders.
Award winners will be selected and honored annually, in partnership with Santa Monica Chamber of Commerce, with the Thelma Parks Tourism Spirit Award each May during the annual Santa Monica Travel & Tourism Summit.
How to Participate
Now is your chance to celebrate hospitality employees who go above and beyond to make someone’s visit memorable.Submit Your Nomination
Rules for Nominations:
- The property/business must be a member in good standing with the industry and City of Santa Monica and SMTT.
- Have all required permits and licenses required by the law.
- All submitted entries become property of the SMTT, and by submitting an entry, you irrevocably grant SMTT the right permission to edit, reproduce, publish, broadcast, and display the essay and any related materials submitted by you. By submitting an entry, you further represent the entry does not violate any copyright or right of publicity or privacy, and agree to defend and indemnify SMTT for any such claims brought against it.
- Nominee’s must be a graduate of the I Am Santa Monica Program.
- All chosen finalists/winners will be provided seating to attend the Santa Monica Travel & Tourism Summit each May and must agree to name and image in promotions.
- One (1) winner will be presented the Thelma Parks Tourism Spirit Award for ongoing hospitality and industry education and training. Recipient will be announced at the Travel & Tourism Summit each May.
- Nominations must be submitted at www.santamonica.com/spiritaward/nomination-form.
Thank you for helping us celebrate the employees who create unforgettable experiences for our visitors in Santa Monica! If you have any questions regarding the Thelma Parks Tourism Spirit Award, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310-319-6263.