Sunday, March 18, 2018
Santa Monica welcomes the 2018 Skechers Performance Los Angeles Marathon! For the 10th consecutive year, the “Stadium to the Sea” course will kick off at Dodger Stadium and finish on Ocean Avenue at the intersection of Ocean Ave and California Avenue, just steps from the Santa Monica Pier. For street closures, parking and other LA Marathon-related information, visit smgov.net/lamarathon or check out the LA Marathon Fact Sheet.
LA Marathon deals in Santa Monica
Come for the race, stay for the weekend and enjoy exclusive special offers for registered runners and fans of the Los Angeles Marathon listed below. Santa Monica has many activities for visitors to enjoy including many restaurants, shopping and other things to do. Santa Monica is also a walkable city and offers public transportation options for those visiting the area for the LA Marathon.
1212 Santa Monica
Come to 1212 and receive 10% off any food or beverage item! Does not include tax and gratuity. Valid March 18, 2018
Bru’s Wiffle is offering a free appetizer with a purchase of an entree. Valid March 6-30, 2018
Mention “MARATHON” and receive 10% off the entire bill. Valid March 16-18, 2018
Carlo’s Bake Shop
Receive $5 off with any purchase of $24.95 or more. Applicable only to in-store purchases at Carlo’s Bakery in Santa Monica, California. This promotion cannot be applied to online orders. This offer is valid to totals pre-tax. There are no exchanges or substitutions and this offer possesses no actual cash value. Cannot be combined with any other promotion. Exclusions may apply, ask a Carlo’s Bakery associate for further details. Valid until February 9-April 18, 2018.
Co+opportunity market & deli
Receive a free slice of pizza with a purchase of $10 or more. Runners must show their marathon bib in order to receive the deal. Valid March 16-18, 2018
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Santa Monica
A 15% Discount on all food and beverage purchases will be extended for all marathon participants during the breakfast, lunch or dinner meal period in the Fourth Street Grille. Discount will only apply to the existing menu served in the Fourth Street Grille Restaurant. Additional promotional menus not subject to discount. Not valid for room service, lounge or Cafe Pronto. Valid March 17-19, 2018
Power up with our Acai Superfood Bowls or Smoothies or enjoy a Soothing Milk Tea with Boba *(Milk Teas only offered at Enso Tea & Acai In Santa Monica). This offer is valid for 10% off on a Regular Size Bowl, Smoothie or Milk Tea. Valid March 19-April 11, 2018
$1 oysters all day on March 18, 2018. Two dozen oysters per table to be ordered at a time. Valid March 18, 2018
Jimmy’s Famous American Tavern
15% off your entire bill for party of up to 8 people at lunch, dinner or weekend brunch. Not available to be combined with Happy Hour. Just mention that you want the “MARATHON” discount or show a screenshot/print out of the special to receive the promotion. Valid March 16-19, 2018
Locanda Del Lago
Mention “MARATHON” and receive 15% off your bill (not including alcohol). Valid March 16-18, 2018
M Street Kitchen
Show us your bib to get 20% off your bill for you and one guest. Valid March 18, 2018
Oceana Beach Club Hotel
Free breakfast for two each morning. Must be participating in the LA Marathon to qualify for promotion and must be staying at Oceana Beach Club Hotel. Bookable from February 9-28, 2018. Only valid for stays March 16-19, 2018
Receive 5% off food and beverage (excluding alcohol). Also, enjoy a discounted Happy Hour menu from 4pm to 6pm. This offer is only valid for LA MARATHON attendees who are guests of the hotel. Only applies to registered hotel guests of Shore Hotel and discount excludes alcohol. Valid March 16-18, 2018
Stella Barra Pizzeria
Show us your bib and get 20% off your bill for you and a guest. Valid March 18, 2018
Buy one pastry and get one free brewed coffee. Pastries only, not desserts. Brewed coffee only, not espresso, teas, or blended drinks. Valid March 18, 2018
Receive a free cookie with the purchase of any of The Albright signature salads. Valid March 18, 2018
The Veranda Restaurant at The Georgian Hotel
Review 10% off your meal when you show your race bib. Valid March 17-18, 2018
The Gourmandise School of Sweets and Savories
In celebration of the 2018 LA Marathon, use code “RUNLA18” for 18% off any recreational cooking classes or series at The Gourmandise School of Sweets & Savories. From donuts and pie to steak or sushi, there’s a class offering for everyone! For more information and the full schedule of classes, visit: www.TheGourmandiseSchool.com. Not valid on retail purchases, gift certificates or private events. Valid March 1-Paril 15, 2018
Trapeze School New York/Los Angeles
Pre-register for a class and receive a Free TSNY registration fee (refunded after purchase) and a TSNY Oval bumper Sticker. Persons with pre-existing medical issues or injuries affecting their abilities to swing on a bar will be denied participation. This includes dislocations, weight above 205lbs ect. Classes limited in size to 10 students max. 72 hour cancellation/reschedule policy strongly enforced. 6 years and up. Valid February 2-March 19, 2018
Arthur Murray Santa Monica
Review a free 30 minute personal dance session. New students only. Good for a couple or just one person at the Santa Monica location only. Valid February 6-April 15, 2018.
Bike Attack Electric
Receive 10-15% off for all bikes, electric bikes and apparel. Only valid on sale items. Valid March 11-18, 2018
Chris + Mary
Please enjoy 10% off of your purchase at our shop when you mention the LA Marathon Special. One time use only. Valid March 1-31, 2018
Classic Pilates Body
Take 20% off any purchase of a single Private Pilates Session, Intro pack (3 sessions), 5 or even 10 sessions. Classical Pilates is great for pre and post marathon stretching and conditioning. Our highly trained instructors will tailor the workout to your specific needs. Sessions by appointment. Valid March 1-20, 2018
Review 35% -60% off throughout the store, excluding sale times. Valid March 9-14, 2018
Please use code “MARATHON” online or in studio for one free class. Valid toward any individual class at our Santa Monica and Sherman Oaks locations. Does not apply toward TRX with Tracy Bootcamp or special workshops. Valid February 6-May 31, 2018
Take 15% off nutrition and hydration products. Valid March 1-18, 2018
Radiance Wellness Spa
Book any facial $165 and above and receive a free facial add on. Book a 90 min massage and get a free massage add on. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Valid March 1-31, 2018
10% off for all runners, families, friends and spectators of the LA Marathon. Mention “LA MARATHON” to cashier to receive the discount. Valid March, 18, 2018
Santa Monica Place
Mention the LA Marathon at our Concierge Lounge to receive a complimentary Santa Monica Place branded water bottle or drawstring tote, plus Visitor’s Savings. Valid March 16-18, 2018
Santa Monica Walk-In Visitor Information Center
30% off your entire purchase at our Main Street Visitor Center location only. Offer valid only at the Main Street Visitor Center location: 2427 Main Street Santa Monica, CA 90405. Valid March 1-18, 2018
Did you know that there are 46,112 yards in a marathon? That’s a lot of yarn! Mention this offer to take 20% off your purchase of yarn, needles, patterns, books and notions. Must mention this offer before transaction. Not applicable to classes, gift cards, shipping, online or prior purchases. Discount applied before tax. Valid March 16-18, 2018
Are you a Santa Monica business with a holiday special or event? Submit here
LA Marathon Tips: 10 spots within crawling distance of the finish line
Below are ten Santa Monica spots that runners, families and fans can celebrate post-race, all within walking (or crawling) distance from the finish line.
- Exhale Spa, 0.2 miles: Located at Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, Exhale invites runners to relax with a soothing massage, or reward themselves with a rejuvenating Acu-Energetic treatment.
- FIG Restaurant, 0.2 miles: Also within Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, FIG features acclaimed cuisine that uses fresh ingredients from the Santa Monica farmers markets.
- Cast Lounge, 0.9 miles: Take advantage of relaxing poolside dining at Viceroy Santa Monica, setting a perfect scene for celebrating a strong finish with friends.
- Santa Monica Place, 0.7 miles: The open-air shopping mall offers a chic, yet laid back shopping and dining experience for local and visiting runners. Snag a table at Sonoma Wine Garden on the rooftop deck and soak in the ocean views and breezes.
- 3rd Street Promenade, 0.5 miles: This world-famous boulevard features an eclectic array of shops, entertainers and restaurants. It’s a great way to unwind after a long race.
- Santa Monica Pier Aquarium, 0.8 miles: Home to more than 100 species of marine animals and plants, all found in the Santa Monica Bay, visitors can get up close and personal with these plants and animals in the aquarium’s 4,500-square-foot interactive marine center.
- The Ocean Spa & Fitness, 0.9 miles: The Ocean Spa, located within Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel, offers therapeutic body treatments, relaxing massages and a host of salon services. Try the Beachcomber Santa Monica Massage, which features warm tiger infused with mineral-rich kelp and seawater to provide an unforgettable heated massage.
- Spa Le Merigot, 0.9 miles: Stop by for a Deep Tissue or Sports Massage after the marathon to rejuvenate sore muscles and release toxins. Located at the JW Marriott Santa Monica Le Merigot Hotel, all guests of the spa are also welcome to use any of the spa’s facilities, which include an eucalyptus steam room as well as a heated outdoor hotel pool.
- Pacific Park, 0.9 miles: Located on the world famous Santa Monica Pier, this seaside amusement park offers rides and games, and is the only free admission amusement park in Southern California.
- Perry’s Café and Beach Rentals, 0.5 miles: Take advantage of the miles of sprawling sand and enjoy a front-row view of the Pacific Ocean. Your personal Beach Butler from Perry’s Café and Beach Rentals can set up your beach chair, table and umbrella at your desired time and location, plus deliver chilled beverages and food, ensuring that you never have to leave your towel.
LA Marathon Tips: Five training tips from fitness experts
Whether you’re an avid marathon runner or celebrating a first venture into the 26.2 mile club, proper training and optimum health are key. Read on for tips from Santa Monica’s past and present training pros.
- Include some strength training and running in the sand on one of your weekly training days. This will increase your strength and prepare you mentally for the awesome feeling of your legs being totally drained! Todd McCullough, T-MAC Fitness
- Buy the proper shoes. Every foot is shaped differently and improper foot support can lead to serious injuries. Test your foot at a local reputable shoe store and find out what shoes are best for your foot-type and whether or not you need in-soles. Justin Roth, Circuit Works, Inc.
- Carb-load two days before with complex carbohydrates such as whole-wheat pasta. Try to avoid eating a heavy meal the day before the race to prevent a bloated stomach. Jason Vega, Iron Gym
- Stretch! You should delegate at least 20-30 minutes prior to the race to this. Your body will thank you the next day. Justin Roth, Circuit Works, Inc.
- Start the race slowly. Remember, you have 26.2 miles to run, so don’t get caught up in your adrenaline and go all out in the first mile. Stick to your plan and pace yourself smartly. Sonki Hong, Sonki Fitness, LLC