Sunday, March 24, 2019
Santa Monica welcomes the 2019 Skechers Performance Los Angeles Marathon! For the 11th consecutive year, the “Stadium to the Sea” course will kick off at Dodger Stadium and finish on Ocean Avenue at the intersection of Ocean Ave and California Avenue, just steps from the Santa Monica Pier. For street closures, parking and other LA Marathon-related information, visit smgov.net/lamarathon or check out the LA Marathon Fact Sheet.
LA Marathon deals in Santa Monica
Come for the race, stay for the weekend and enjoy exclusive special offers for registered runners and fans of the Los Angeles Marathon listed below. Santa Monica has many activities for visitors to enjoy including many restaurants, shopping and other things to do. Santa Monica is also a walkable city and offers public transportation options for those visiting the area for the LA Marathon. BONUS: View marathon tips here.
FOOD & DRINK
Any guest who mentions this promotion will get 10% of entire bill. Valid March 22-24, 2019.
Blue Plate Oysterette
Come reward yourself after the race with a complimentary Oregon Cheddar Jalapeño Roll with purchase of a meal. Must show race bib. Valid March 24, 2019.
Blue Plate Taco
Free Full Guacamole and Chips with purchase of entree and show race bib. Valid March 24, 2019.
$7 Mimosa; $7 Bloody Mary; $20 bottle of Champagne. Valid March 23-24, 2019.
Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
Free Forrest’s Appetizer of the Day or a Kid’s Meal with the purchase of two (2) adult entrees. Valid at Santa Monica Pier location only. One per table. Kid’s Meal for ages 10 and under only. Offer not valid with any other discount, offer, or promotion. Tax and gratuity not included. Valid March 18-27, 2019.
Free housemade gelato (vegan options available) with the purchase of any grilled gourmet Italian panini. Valid March 24, 2019.
Get a cookie and water bottle for $5. Valid March 24-31, 2019.
Del Frisco’s Grill
15% off with proof of participation. Must order entree. Offer valid on food only; Excludes alcohol. Valid March 24-25, 2019.
El Cholo Santa Monica
15% off entire bill. Only valid at El Cholo Santa Monica. One coupon per table. Not valid with any other promotion. Tax and gratuity excluded. Valid March 24, 2019.
Enterprise Fish Co.
Free house glass of wine with purchase of a menu food item. Limit one per person. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Valid March 24, 2019.
The Gallery Food Hall (Azulé Taqueria, STRFSH and Paperboy Pizza)
Show your bib to redeem 26.2% discount at Azulé Taqueria, STRFSH, and Paperboy Pizza upstairs at The Gallery Food Hall. For dine-in only. Valid March 24, 2019.
Go Greek Yogurt
15% off our Classic Handcrafted Greek Yogurt flavors (not including toppings). Valid March 22-24, 2019.
Herringbone Santa Monica
Receive 10% off your entire purchase. Valid during brunch, happy hour and dinner. You must show your race bib to receive the offer. Valid only to those participating in the race. Valid March 23-24, 2019.
Marathon participants will receive a FREE Coconut-Cornflake French Toast dish for the table with purchase of entree. If marathon participants bring 5 or more non-participants, additional pieces of our specialty French Toast will be brought to the table for your enjoyment! To receive the free Coconut-Cornflake French Toast, guests must show proof of participation in the LA Marathon and order an entree. Valid March 24, 2019.
10% off. Valid March 24, 2019.
Le Méridien Delfina
Simply indicate that you’re here to participate in, or simply enjoy the marathon, and enjoy 15% off of your Longitude dining bill. Excludes room service, tax and gratuity. Cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion, including Happy Hour. Valid March 20-26, 2019.
The Misfit Restaurant + Bar
Free glass of our signature white sangria or mimosa to celebrate! Valid with any meal purchase March 24, 2019. One per guest.
Free dessert with purchase of an entree for anyone who shows a badge. Must purchase an entree and show a badge. Valid March 24, 2019.
15% off entire bill at Massilia to all LA Marathon Guests! Valid March 24, 2019.
Obicá Mozzarella Bar
25% off your bill! Must show your Marathon bib. Valid March 23-25, 2019.
Guests who ran the marathon will receive 15% off their bill with their number/ID.
Limited to Marathon participants only. Not applicable to Happy Hour pricing. Cannot be used in conjunction with other specials, offers or promotions. Valid March 24, 2019.
Seaside on The Pier Restaurant
Free small ice cream for the runner and their guests (up to 4 per party) with purchase of any lunch or dinner item–appetizer or entree. While supplies last and limit to 4 per party. Runner must show bib. Valid March 22-25, 2019.
Sonoma Wine Garden
20% off your total bill at Sonoma Wine Garden. Offer only valid with purchase of an entrée. Valid March 23-25, 2019.
20% off your entire bill. Offer not valid with Happy Hour or any other offer. Offer valid only on March 24, 2019.
The Veranda Restaurant at The Georgian Hotel
The Georgian Hotel invites you to savor every bite and every moment on The Veranda with free chips and guacamole with purchase of an entree. Overlooking the Pacific at our unparalleled address, we promise not to rush you. We simply ask you to do you in style. Must present this offer to redeem. Limit one per party. Valid Monday –Thursday, 4pm-10pm. Dine-in only. Not valid with any other offer or promotion. Excludes Happy Hour. Valid March 22-25, 2019.
Arts and Letters
20% off. Cannot be combined with sale items or any other offer. Valid March 1-31, 2019.
The Bike Shop Santa Monica
15% off any bike rental sale, accessories or repairs. Valid February 14 through March 30, 2019.
Bloomingdale’s Santa Monica Place
Enjoy a 15% off savings certificate* when you present this offer at the b Helpful Desk on Level 2.
*See certificate in-store for details and restrictions. Valid March 21-25, 2019 at Santa Monica only.
Jigsaw Santa Monica
Free gift with any purchase of $175 or more. Must show LA Marathon brochure during purchase. Valid March 22-24, 2019.
Lois Lambert Gallery
Come into our gallery store located inside of the Lois Lambert Gallery & Gallery of Functional Art and get 15% off of a purchase of $25 or more. Valid March 23-24, 2019.
Santa Monica Tickets
5% off all in-store orders of $200 or more. New customers only. Valid February 14 through December 31, 2019.
Santa Monica Visitor Information Centers
30% off your entire purchase. Valid at all four visitor center locations: 2427 Main Street, 200 Santa Monica Pier, 1400 Ocean Ave, 1300 block of Third Street Promenade. Offer excludes TAP cards and domestic and international stamps. Valid March 24, 2019.
Come in and choose your new knitting project and get 15% off purchase and give a free sample of Soak Wash. Valid March 22-24, 2019.
SERVICES & ACTIVITIES
Aqua Surf School
Use the code STOKE10 for 10% off any private surf lesson with Aqua Surf School! One use per person. Valid February 14 through March 31, 2019.
Beach Yoga SoCal
Buy one drop-in session and bring a friend for free! Only applies to first time customers. Valid March 22-25, 2019.
Be Crystal Clear
Looking to engage your mind, body and spirit during the LA Marathon? Get a complimentary Breathwork/Soundbath session ($30 value) when you sign up for our introductory offer of 2 weeks of unlimited group fitness classes for just $55. Introductory offer for new students only. Valid March 17-31, 2019.
Bowlmor Santa Monica
Free bowling game when you come in and show your badge. Marathon registration or badge must be shown at time of redemption with proper identification card. No copies permitted. Valid for one free game of bowling for up to 4 guests. Shoe rental not included. Limit one coupon per party per visit. Not valid with any other offer, coupon, discount, special promotion or credit offer. Not valid on contracted group events, birthdays, leagues, tournaments or Xtreme bowling. Subject to lane availability. Not valid for Friday and Saturday after 6pm. Beverages, shoes, food, and other items subject to additional charges. Not valid on previous purchases. No cash value. Redemption subject to certain conditions and limitations set forth herein. You are entitled to inspect each coupon before issuance. Not for resale. Not transferable. Valid February 26-June 15, 2019.
Currency Exchange International at Santa Monica Place
50% off your exchange fee. Excludes transactions for Iraq Dinar or Vietnamese Dong. One coupon per person per day. Valid March 24 through December 31, 2019.
High Performance Personal Training
One free session with purchase of full priced 24-session package. New clients only. Valid February 23 through March 25, 2019.
The Hydration Room
Free Vitamin B12 Shot for increased energy. New patients only. Not to be redeemed for cash value or used toward service upgrades. Valid March 1-31, 2019.
Kronovet Realty Property Management Co.
Hire Kronovet Realty Property Management Co. to manage your residential property and we will give you a 10% discount on our rate for 12 months. You can trust former Santa Monica Rent Control Commissioner to solve your property management headaches. All final terms are negotiated. Valid March 1-31, 2019.
Midway Car Rental
Midway Car Rental is offering 15% off as a special offer for LA Marathon attendees only! Simply use the promo code MARCHLA15 at your online check out, and you will receive 15% off. Rent Midway Car Rental today! May not be used with other offers. Driver must be 25 or older. This offer is only valid through March 31, 2019. Car rental pick-up date must be on or before 3March 31, 2019.
Nordic Body, Inc.
Nordic Walking Group Class Beginner Class + Workout March 30, 2019. Learn straight from Malin Svensson, the Nordic Walking Guru in North America. To register, visit nordicbody.com/services/nordic-walking and use promo code $10NWC. Valid February 25-March 29, 2019.
Get a Private Workout (1 person) for only $50 or Duo Workout (2 people) for $60! Valid March 21-25, 2019.
Spa Le Merigot at JW Marriott Santa Monica Le Merigot
Book a massage to recover from the Marathon and receive one (1) complimentary Enhancement with any 50-minute massage treatment. Or, receive two (2) complimentary Massage Enhancements with any 80-minute massage treatment. Choose from: Aromatherapy, Arnica Muscle and Joint Therapy, Sweet Birch Muscle Rub, Sugar or Salt Back Scrub, Green Tea and Peppermint, Wild lime scalp treatment, Lavender Shea Butter Hand Treatment or Eucalyptus Hot Towel Press. Valid March 22-25, 2019.
LA Marathon Tips: 10 spots within crawling distance of the finish line
Below are ten Santa Monica spots that runners, families and fans can celebrate post-race, all within walking (or crawling) distance from the finish line.
- Exhale Spa, 0.2 miles: Located at Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, Exhale invites runners to relax with a soothing massage, or reward themselves with a rejuvenating Acu-Energetic treatment.
- FIG Restaurant, 0.2 miles: Also within Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, FIG features acclaimed cuisine that uses fresh ingredients from the Santa Monica farmers markets.
- Cast Lounge, 0.9 miles: Take advantage of relaxing poolside dining at Viceroy Santa Monica, setting a perfect scene for celebrating a strong finish with friends.
- Santa Monica Place, 0.7 miles: The open-air shopping mall offers a chic, yet laid back shopping and dining experience for local and visiting runners. Snag a table at Sonoma Wine Garden on the rooftop deck and soak in the ocean views and breezes.
- 3rd Street Promenade, 0.5 miles: This world-famous boulevard features an eclectic array of shops, entertainers and restaurants. It’s a great way to unwind after a long race.
- Santa Monica Pier Aquarium, 0.8 miles: Home to more than 100 species of marine animals and plants, all found in the Santa Monica Bay, visitors can get up close and personal with these plants and animals in the aquarium’s 4,500-square-foot interactive marine center.
- Spa Le Merigot, 0.9 miles: Stop by for a Deep Tissue or Sports Massage after the marathon to rejuvenate sore muscles and release toxins. Located at the JW Marriott Santa Monica Le Merigot Hotel, all guests of the spa are also welcome to use any of the spa’s facilities, which include an eucalyptus steam room as well as a heated outdoor hotel pool.
- Pacific Park, 0.9 miles: Located on the world famous Santa Monica Pier, this seaside amusement park offers rides and games, and is the only free admission amusement park in Southern California.
- Perry’s Café and Beach Rentals, 0.5 miles: Take advantage of the miles of sprawling sand and enjoy a front-row view of the Pacific Ocean. Your personal Beach Butler from Perry’s Café and Beach Rentals can set up your beach chair, table and umbrella at your desired time and location, plus deliver chilled beverages and food, ensuring that you never have to leave your towel.
LA Marathon Tips: Five training tips from fitness experts
Whether you’re an avid marathon runner or celebrating a first venture into the 26.2 mile club, proper training and optimum health are key. Read on for tips from Santa Monica’s past and present training pros.
- Include some strength training and running in the sand on one of your weekly training days. This will increase your strength and prepare you mentally for the awesome feeling of your legs being totally drained! Todd McCullough, T-MAC Fitness
- Buy the proper shoes. Every foot is shaped differently and improper foot support can lead to serious injuries. Test your foot at a local reputable shoe store and find out what shoes are best for your foot-type and whether or not you need in-soles. Justin Roth, Circuit Works, Inc.
- Carb-load two days before with complex carbohydrates such as whole-wheat pasta. Try to avoid eating a heavy meal the day before the race to prevent a bloated stomach. Jason Vega, Iron Gym
- Stretch! You should delegate at least 20-30 minutes prior to the race to this. Your body will thank you the next day. Justin Roth, Circuit Works, Inc.
- Start the race slowly. Remember, you have 26.2 miles to run, so don’t get caught up in your adrenaline and go all out in the first mile. Stick to your plan and pace yourself smartly. Sonki Hong, Sonki Fitness, LLC