Receive more information on how to create your own "I Am" program, designed to educate and inform businesses and employees who live and work in your destination.
What is "I am Your Destination" & What Benefits Does it Offer?
- A customizable, interactive training program designed for the hospitality and tourism industry.
- Provides destination familiarization with your brand message points
directly to visitor serving employees. A customizable, interactive training program designed for the hospitality and tourism industry.
- Further positions your DMO as “the” tourism information source on your destination’s brand.
- Engages all levels of community from safety personnel, civic leaders, education, businesses and non-profits.
- Creates “tourism advocates” who are empowered with destination information.
- Develops ongoing synergy and communication with program graduates.
Recent I Am Your Destinations
Nearly 2,500 of Santa Monica's hospitality employees are trained on the destination's brand. Join other destinations who can say the same, including:
- Macon-Bibb County CVB
- Visit Oakland
- Visit Newport Beach
- Visit West Hollywood
- Visit Santa Barbara
Hear from Destinations Using the Program
"We always knew our local hospitality teams were the best ambassadors for the Tri-Valley. Thanks to the I Am program, we’ve been able to train and entertain our guest front-liners, getting them onboard with our mission to bring back visitors to the Tri-Valley again and again."
– Robin Fahr, Director of Marketing & Communications, Visit Tri-Valley
“The I Am West Hollywood ambassador program teaches West Hollywood business owners and their employees about West Hollywood and all that it has to offer. Since its launch in September 2014, I Am West Hollywood has trained almost 200 ambassadors, giving them tools that they can use to better educate visitors about West Hollywood and represent the city in their work and personal life. I am very proud to be a part of this amazing and thriving program.”
– Erin Hennessay, Marketing Manager, Visit West Hollywood
Graduates Share Their Thoughts
“This program has been a great help to us to enforce our Service Promise of ‘being a local ambassador’. New hires and existing leaders and colleagues have enjoyed being part of this program and will we continue this program at our hotel on an ongoing basis.”
– Wolfgang Jonas, General Manager, Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows
“The I Am Santa Monica program proved to be a valuable tool for all of my staff. Those who have lived and worked in this city for years came out of the workshop having learned something new about this great city and how to better assist our visitors.”
– Timothy Jackman, Chief, Santa Monica Police Department
“To understand what makes Santa Monica a travelers’ destination allows our staff to offer the utmost in customer service. Guests expect us to have the answer.”
– Manju Raman, Assistant General Manager, Huntley Santa Monica Beach Hotel
“As a local attraction, the I Am program is critical to our success as we have so many seasonal employees interacting with visitors. For them to understand that they are part of something bigger than Pacific Park and that they are Santa Monica ambassadors, has made a genuine difference in our training process.”
– Jeff Klocke, Director of Sales & Marketing, Pacific Park on the Santa Monica Pier
Ready for more information?
Ms. Mo McElroy CCE
I Am Your Destination
2427 Main Street
Santa Monica, CA 90405