This event has expired. Please visit the Events Calendar for current listings.
To keep everyone safe and secure until protocols relax a bit more, Santa Monica Playhouse presents BFF ENCORE the Audience Faves version of the BFF Binge Fringe Festival of FREE Theatre, the only FREE Fringe Festival in the nation. We’re looking forward to entertaining you in-person AND online for this November’s BFF 2021, and excited to present BFF ENCORE live-streaming June 27 through July 18, 2021.
What’s live-streaming today? BOY VEY – an autobiographical solo show about how a Jewish girl’s quest for love unveils the bizarre connections between her misbegotten dating life and inherited Holocaust trauma. This humorous, touching and powerful theatre piece is written and performed by Rachel Kaftan and directed by Katie Stottlemire, two graduating seniors of Loyola Marymount University’s Theatre Arts program. It live-streamed its world premiere on April 25, 2021 from Santa Monica Playhouse.
BFF ENCORE and BFF 2021 is presented through generous grants from the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors through the Los Angeles County Department of Arts and Culture, the City of Santa Monica and the Santa Monica Arts Commission, and Playhouse PALS, bringing you a host of free events online as BFF artists present a series of shows that will have audiences of all ages raving with laughter and tears.
BFF ENCORE events include:
- Marilyn Anderson’s How to Live Like a Millionaire when you’re a Million Short – EVEN WHEN YOU’RE STUCK AT HOME, Sunday, June 27, 5pm
- Shelley Fisher’s The Palligator Show, Saturday, July 3, 2pm; Sonia Jackson’s Mamaisms, Friday, July 9, 6pm
- Rudy Ramos’s Geronimo: Life on the Reservation, Sunday, July 11, 5:3pm
- Rachel Kaftan’s Boy Vey, Tuesday, July 13, 6pm
- Bill Berry’s Rose Petals and Ashes, Sunday, July 18, 5:30pm
*All show are PDT (Pacific Daylight Time).
For your live-streaming links to all BFF ENCORE shows, contact us at theatre@SantaMonicaPlayhouse.com or 1-310-394-9779 ext 1 or click here for more information.