This event has expired. Please visit the Events Calendar for current listings.
The Santa Monica History Museum is excited to announce it will host a Shirley Temple birthday tea which will feature an exclusive one-day “Little Princess” pop-up exhibit featuring items that have not been displayed at the museum before.
Shirley Temple, a Santa Monica native, is known for her work as a child actress during the 1930s. In addition to other film costumes and personal wardrobe, the day-long pop-up will feature Temple’s reunited princess costume from the 1939 Technicolor film “The Little Princess.” The costume has a tumultuous history, and this showing will be the first to unify it with her character’s crown and scepter. These gold-plated accessories, created by famed costume jeweler Eugene Joseff, were unseen in Joseff’s archive for seventy-nine years.
A ticket to the tea party will feature:
• Viewing of a one-day exhibit of her newly reunited Little Princess costume ensemble.
• Viewing of a Selection of Iconic dresses.
• Viewing of Never-before-displayed items.
• Delicious traditional tea service.
• Variety of refreshing tea-sandwiches.
• Selection of delectable deserts.
• Coffee and water will also be provided.
Reserve your ticket today by:
• Visiting www.santamonicahistory.org
• Calling: (310) 395-2290
• Email: email@example.com
Direct Link: https://santamonicahistory.org/upcoming-activities-programs/2018-shirley-temple-tea/
All proceeds from this event and exhibit benefit the educational and preservation mission of the Santa Monica History Museum, a 501 c(3) nonprofit.