Santa Monica unveils new budget-friendly itinerary
SANTA MONICA, Calif. – Although Santa Monica’s shinning beaches and celebrity-dotted neighborhoods emanate the distinct feel of laidback luxury,Santa Monica Travel & Tourism (SMTT), formerly Santa Monica Convention & Visitors Bureau, recently launched budget-friendly itinerary makes it more possible than ever to enjoy a beachside getaway without breaking the bank. The three day, two night ‘beach chic on a budget’ itinerary uses insider knowledge to highlight how visitors to the city can experience a quintessential Santa Monica stay for less than $600.
The brand new itinerary begins with checking into one of the city’s budget-friendly hotels to discover that accommodations in Santa Monica can be surprisingly affordable. With starting nightly rates at under $200, guests can enjoy stays at Bayside Hotel, Best Western Plus Gateway Hotel Santa Monica, The Hotel California, Cal Mar Hotel Suites, Comfort Inn Santa Monica-West Los Angeles, Days Inn Santa Monica/Los Angeles, and Hostelling International Santa Monica during their visit. At these properties, guests will experience perks like luxurious locations, art and design-focused décor, accessibility to Santa Monica’s famous beaches, pier, shopping, dining and leisure activities, and free breakfast, parking and high-speed Wi-Fi.
With their hotel property as a base, visitors will enjoy a comprehensive Santa Monica experience that will expose them to the city’s famous beach, arts and culture, dining, entertainment and wellness scenes without deviating from a strict budget. Itinerary activities include:
- Ride the Big Blue Bus from Los Angeles International Airport into Downtown Santa Monica for $1.
- Take in stunning coastline views with a ride on the Pacific Wheel on the Santa Monica Pier for only $5.
- Soak up the sun along Santa Monica’s 3.5 miles of broad, glistening beaches.
- Get around like the locals do – on the seat of the bike – with full-day bike rentals from Santa Monica Bike Center, from $30 a day.
- Visit Bergamot Station, home to one of the largest collections of art galleries in the nation, for a free visit into the epicenter Santa Monica’s arts and culture scene.
- Spend a relaxing morning at Cha Spa, where a full body hour-long massage on the idyllic Montana Avenue costs a mere $35.
- Enjoy elusive Hollywood glamour and $5 happy hour drinks in the lap of luxury at Hotel Shangri-La’s Suite 700, Santa Monica’s only open-air rooftop bar and lounge that effortlessly blends a timeless Art Deco design with world-class ocean views.
- Get in a free workout at the original Muscle Beach, where an extensive gymnastics training area makes it easy to get fit at the birthplace of the 20th century fitness boom.
- Stock up on healthy and locally grown snacks at the famous Santa Monica Farmers Market.
At the end of their stay, visitors will have an extra post-vacation glow knowing that they achieved a luxurious beachside getaway without the superfluous price tag. For more information on how to experience a beach chic getaway to Santa Monica on a budget, visit https://www.santamonica.com/budget-friendly-vacations.
About Santa Monica Travel & Tourism
Santa Monica Travel & Tourism (SMTT), formerly Santa Monica Convention & Visitors Bureau, is a non-profit organization designed to increase visitor expenditures, tourism revenues and local employment opportunities through the promotion of Santa Monica as a travel destination. For travel and accommodation information or a free copy of the official Visitors Guide, the public can write to the Santa Monica Visitor Center, 2427 Main Street, Santa Monica, CA 90405; call 800-544-5319 or 310-393-7593; visit santamonica.com; or email email@example.com. Follow SMTT on Twitter @GoSantaMonica or become a Facebook fan at facebook.com/visitsantamonica.
Contact: Jackie Alvarez
Santa Monica Travel & Tourism