Visitor Profile and Economic Impact Studies
Santa Monica Travel & Tourism has been conducting visitor profile and economic impact studies since 1983. This research is meant to assess the economic value that tourism affords Santa Monica as a destination city.
It’s no secret that tourism is a key component of a sustainable economy in Santa Monica. Thousands of our jobs and our schools, parks, libraries, police and fire are all supported by revenue from tourism.
2019 Tourism by the Numbers
- 8.4 million visitors came to Santa Monica.
- 4.4 million visitors came to Santa Monica from outside of the United States.
- 1.93 billion dollars generated by tourism to our local economy.
- 12,600 jobs supported by tourism in Santa Monica.
- 82% of hotel visitors did not use a car once they arrived in Santa Monica.