Sunday, March 19 2017
Santa Monica welcomes the 2017 Skechers Performance Los Angeles Marathon! For the 9th consecutive year, the “Stadium to the Sea” course will kick off at Dodger Stadium and finish on Ocean Avenue at the intersection of Ocean Ave and California Avenue, just steps from the Santa Monica Pier. For street closures, parking and other LA Marathon related information, visit lamarathon.com.
Special Santa Monica offers for runners and fans
Come for the race, stay for the weekend and enjoy exclusive special offers for registered runners and fans listed below.
* Please note specials below are from 2016. Check back for 2017 specials.
Bennys Tacos & Chicken Rotisserie Santa Monica
20% off any regular-priced menu items. Not valid on delivery and cannot be combined with any other offers, specials or coupons. Valid February 12-15, 2016.
Charlie Kabob of Santa Monica
Free appetizers or garden salads with purchase of any Kabob Entrees. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Offer has no cash value. Valid January 9-June 30, 2016.
Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf
Valentine’s Day BOGO: Buy one, get one behind-the-bar beverage for free on February 14 from 12pm to close. Also, try our delicious Valentine’s Day half chocolate dipped cookie! Valid while supplies last. Offer available at participating Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf locations only. Valid February 14, 2016.
Del Frisco’s Grille
Congratulations LA Marathon runners! Meet us at the finish line at Del Frisco’s Grille and enjoy a complimentary mimosa or draft beer (with purchase). Just show your medal to redeem! Available with purchase and proof of runner’s medal. Valid February 14, 2016.
Buy one gelato and get one free! Valid for LA Marathon participants only. Valid February 14, 2016.
Mention the LA Marathon for a 10% discount! Valid February 12-14, 2016.
LA Marathon runners: show us your LA Marathon race bib and receive 10% off one small Pinkberry or larger! Valid race day only, February 14, 2016.
Buy any five juices for $29.50 (save up to $10). Valid in-store only. Valid January 17-Feruary 29, 2016.
Buy any six-inch classic sub and get one free six-inch classic sub of equal or lesser value. Valid January 1-March 31, 2016.
Show your LA Marathon bib or medal to get two sweetgreen salads for the price of one. Valid for LA marathon runners only on February 14. Limit one time redemption per customer. Can be redeemed across all sweetgreen LA stores (Santa Monica, Hollywood, West 3rd). Valid February 14, 2016.
After the LA Marathon, rest your tired feet at The Albright, the longest running restaurant on the Santa Monica pier. Enjoy a view of the water while you have one of their fresh, seasonable and sustainable dishes and a $3 draft beer. The Albright’s culinary program features everything from Spicy Seafood Soup and Kumamoto Oysters to Whole Fried Tilapia and a massive salt-water tank of live lobsters, crabs and prawns, one of the few places on the Westside with this offering. Classic favorites include Mussels and Fries, Grilled Black Tiger Shrimp Tacos and Corn Dog Bites. Seasonal specials are also available daily. Valid January 7-February 14, 2016.
Oceana Beach Club Hotel
Book an ocean-view suite at best available rate and receive complimentary breakfast for two. Applicable for ocean-view suites and signature ocean-view suites only. Valid January 5, 2016-January 31, 2017.
Palihouse Santa Monica
Enjoy free breakfast on Saturday and Sunday, February 13 and 14. This is a guest exclusive. Special items to be purchased from the menu. Valid February 13-14, 2016.
At Chocolate Sun, we customize your organic sunless tan! To look and feel your Cocoa Glowing best for the photos during and after the race, be sure to take advantage of this $10 off your Full Body Tanning Treatment. We book by appointment only. Not to worry, we are open 7 days a week at our Santa Monica location. Please call 310-450-3075. Be sure to mention this offer! Valid February 8-12, 2016.
Pedal…Or Not Electric Bike Tours
Take a break…bike around Santa Monica on an electric bike with our guides. See places you wouldn’t know about, and hear about the rich and varied history surrounding you. And, we’ll take pictures of you, edit and email them. This photo memories package is a $30 value after you pay for your tour. Valid February 12-15, 2016.
30% a 30-minute runner’s massage (final price is only 40!). Valid February 1-April 1, 2016.
Santa Monica Bike Center
20% off rentals of City or Cruiser style bikes. Must state that deal is for the LA Marathon. Limit one discount per customer. Valid February 12-15, 2016.
Santa Monica Playhouse
$2.50 off per ticket on Saturday, February 13 at 2pm and Sunday, February 14 at 12:30 for the Family Theatre Musical “Alice and the Wonderful Tea Party” (regular price is $15 for adults, and $12.50 for kids 12 and under). Use code SMINC online or on the phone to get your discount. Valid February 13-14, 2016.
The Gourmandise School of Sweet & Savories
Get 15% off any cooking or baking class at The Gourmandise School of Sweet & Savories at Santa Monica Place. Use promo code RUNLA2016. Valid January 7-February 14, 2016.
15% off entire purchase. Excludes items already on sale. Valid February 12-14, 2016.
Bloomingdale’s Santa Monica
Enjoy a 10% off savings certificate to shop the top names in fashion and beauty at Bloomingdale’s Santa Monica. Reserved for visitors only. Present at 2nd floor Forty Carrots to redeem. See certificate in-store for details and restrictions. Valid February 7-21, 2016.
$10 off any $65 or more purchase. Valid in-store only. Combinable with in store promotion. Valid February 11-16, 2016.
20% off all regular-priced items. Valid February 4-16, 2016.
Levi’s is offering 15% off your entire purchase of full price. Cannot be combined with other promotions, coupons, or Levi’s LVC or Made and Crafted lines. Valid February 12-14, 2016.
Santa Monica Visitor Information Center
Receive 20% off your entire purchase. Valid at the Main Visitor Information Center located at 2427 Main Street only. Excludes books. Valid February 8-15, 2016.
LA Marathon Tips: 10 spots within crawling distance of the finish line
Below are ten Santa Monica spots that runners, families and fans can celebrate post-race, all within walking (or crawling) distance from the finish line.
- Exhale Spa, 0.2 miles: Located at Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, Exhale invites runners to relax with a soothing massage, or reward themselves with a rejuvenating Acu-Energetic treatment.
- FIG Restaurant, 0.2 miles: Also within Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, FIG features acclaimed cuisine that uses fresh ingredients from the Santa Monica farmers markets.
- Cast Lounge, 0.9 miles: Take advantage of relaxing poolside dining at Viceroy Santa Monica, setting a perfect scene for celebrating a strong finish with friends.
- Santa Monica Place, 0.7 miles: The open-air shopping mall offers a chic, yet laid back shopping and dining experience for local and visiting runners. Snag a table at Sonoma Wine Garden on the rooftop deck and soak in the ocean views and breezes.
- 3rd Street Promenade, 0.5 miles: This world-famous boulevard features an eclectic array of shops, entertainers and restaurants. It’s a great way to unwind after a long race.
- Santa Monica Pier Aquarium, 0.8 miles: Home to more than 100 species of marine animals and plants, all found in the Santa Monica Bay, visitors can get up close and personal with these plants and animals in the aquarium’s 4,500-square-foot interactive marine center.
- The Ocean Spa & Fitness, 0.9 miles: The Ocean Spa, located within Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel, offers therapeutic body treatments, relaxing massages and a host of salon services. Try the Beachcomber Santa Monica Massage, which features warm tiger infused with mineral-rich kelp and seawater to provide an unforgettable heated massage.
- Spa Le Merigot, 0.9 miles: Stop by for a Deep Tissue or Sports Massage after the marathon to rejuvenate sore muscles and release toxins. Located at the JW Marriott Santa Monica Le Merigot Hotel, all guests of the spa are also welcome to use any of the spa’s facilities, which include an eucalyptus steam room as well as a heated outdoor hotel pool.
- Pacific Park, 0.9 miles: Located on the world famous Santa Monica Pier, this seaside amusement park offers rides and games, and is the only free admission amusement park in Southern California.
- Perry’s Café and Beach Rentals, 0.5 miles: Take advantage of the miles of sprawling sand and enjoy a front-row view of the Pacific Ocean. Your personal Beach Butler from Perry’s Café and Beach Rentals can set up your beach chair, table and umbrella at your desired time and location, plus deliver chilled beverages and food, ensuring that you never have to leave your towel.
LA Marathon Tips: Five training tips from fitness experts
Whether you’re an avid marathon runner or celebrating a first venture into the 26.2 mile club, proper training and optimum health are key. Read on for tips from Santa Monica’s past and present training pros.
- Include some strength training and running in the sand on one of your weekly training days. This will increase your strength and prepare you mentally for the awesome feeling of your legs being totally drained! Todd McCullough, T-MAC Fitness
- Buy the proper shoes. Every foot is shaped differently and improper foot support can lead to serious injuries. Test your foot at a local reputable shoe store and find out what shoes are best for your foot-type and whether or not you need in-soles. Justin Roth, Circuit Works, Inc.
- Carb-load two days before with complex carbohydrates such as whole-wheat pasta. Try to avoid eating a heavy meal the day before the race to prevent a bloated stomach. Jason Vega, Iron Gym
- Stretch! You should delegate at least 20-30 minutes prior to the race to this. Your body will thank you the next day. Justin Roth, Circuit Works, Inc.
- Start the race slowly. Remember, you have 26.2 miles to run, so don’t get caught up in your adrenalin and go all out in the first mile. Stick to your plan and pace yourself smartly. Sonki Hong, Sonki Fitness, LLC