Sunday, March 19, 2017
Santa Monica welcomes the 2017 Skechers Performance Los Angeles Marathon! For the 9th consecutive year, the “Stadium to the Sea” course will kick off at Dodger Stadium and finish on Ocean Avenue at the intersection of Ocean Ave and California Avenue, just steps from the Santa Monica Pier. For street closures, parking and other LA Marathon related information, visit lamarathon.com.
Special Santa Monica offers for runners and fans
Come for the race, stay for the weekend and enjoy exclusive special offers for registered runners and fans listed below.
Benny’s Tacos & Chicken Rotisserie
Take 10% off your entire bill. Cannot be combined with any other specials or coupons; no delivery. Valid on March 19, 2017 only.
Take 20% off your entire bill. Valid on March 19, 2017 only.
Fork in the Road
Receive complimentary mixed Mediterranean olives and toasted almonds with any purchase (an $8 value). Valid March 17-19, 2017.
O+O Sicilian Kitchen & Bar
Free order of meatballs (with purchase) for all LA Marathon runners. Must show proof of medal or registration number. Valid on March 19, 2017 only.
Enjoy 15% off your entire bill. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Valid on March 19, 2017 only.
Aero Theatre is offering a two-for-one admission! Offer valid only to LA Marathon participants. To redeem, please show your marathon number at the ticket booth. Valid March 19-31, 2017.
Take 10% off your purchase. Valid March 15-19, 2017
Diana Ralys Skin Health
Choose between a free facial boost or an infrared body session (valued up to $70) with any treatment over $65. Facial boosts include: Instant Eye Lift, Oxygen Infusion, MicroDermabrasion, LED Light Therapy, Apple Jet Infusion, Decollete Treatment, or Hand Rejuvenation Treatment. Infrared sauna session include: Pain Relief, Weight Loss, Anti-Aging, Body Detox, Relaxation, Cardio Health. Take your facial to the next level with any of the boosts for all skin types and concerns. Infrared body treatments can alleviate pain, sore muscles, detox the body, lower blood pressure and more. Cannot be combined with any other offers. Valid March 13-26, 2017.
$5 off an Unlimited Ride Wristband, ages 8 and over! To redeem, visit www.pacpark.com/tickets and enter the promo code “LAMARATHON17.” Limit 4 per transaction. Park hours vary due to private events and weather. Please call (310) 260-8744 to confirm park hours before you visit. All items purchased must be redeemed on day of visit. Includes unlimited rides, all day long. This price is only available online. Valid February 6-May 19, 2017.
The Gourmandise School
The Gourmandise School offers 20% off your purchase of any baking or cooking class using the code GOMARATHON20. All classes are held in our commercial kitchen in Santa Monica Place and feature a hands-on interactive experience. Valid February 6-April 30, 2017.
Santa Monica Bike Center
Whether you are supporting an individual runner or just a general spectator, come by the Santa Monica Bike Center for 20% off rentals the day of the Marathon. It’s a great way to follow the course, get your own legs moving, and when you’re done, you can drop the bikes off at our location right by the Pier, just a short, pleasant seaside walk to the finish line! Valid on March 19, 2017 only.
Trapeze School New York: Los Angeles
Receive a waived registration fee and 20% off any class of your choice for marathon runners and their fan clubs on a flying trapeze class. To redeem, visit losangeles.trapezeschool.com and choose the class that works for you, then select “gift certificate” as the method of payment. Enter promo code: LA Marathon. We will then call you back within 24 hours and take payment. One time use only. Not valid with other discounts. Some health restrictions apply. All TSNY policies apply including subject to availability, 72-hour cancellation/reschedule policy for a full refund and a signed wavier for each student. Valid March 1-31, 2017.
Show off your runner’s bib and receive a free Animal Kingdom travel bowl and 5% off any purchase of $25 or more! Must present official entry confirmation or bib at time of purchase and discount. Each bib may receive offer one time only. Valid March 1-18, 2017.
Chris + Mary
Receive 10% off entire purchase of handmade artisan gifts. Valid on March 19, 2017 only.
Santa Monica Place
Show your out-of-town driver’s license, passport or hotel room key to the Santa Monica Place Concierge Level 2 by Bloomingdale’s to receive your complimentary Visitor Rewards card valued at $750 in special savings and offers at participating stores and restaurants. Must present offer to sales associate at checkout. Valid March 17-20, 2017.
Are you a Santa Monica business with a holiday special or event? Submit here
LA Marathon Tips: 10 spots within crawling distance of the finish line
Below are ten Santa Monica spots that runners, families and fans can celebrate post-race, all within walking (or crawling) distance from the finish line.
- Exhale Spa, 0.2 miles: Located at Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, Exhale invites runners to relax with a soothing massage, or reward themselves with a rejuvenating Acu-Energetic treatment.
- FIG Restaurant, 0.2 miles: Also within Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, FIG features acclaimed cuisine that uses fresh ingredients from the Santa Monica farmers markets.
- Cast Lounge, 0.9 miles: Take advantage of relaxing poolside dining at Viceroy Santa Monica, setting a perfect scene for celebrating a strong finish with friends.
- Santa Monica Place, 0.7 miles: The open-air shopping mall offers a chic, yet laid back shopping and dining experience for local and visiting runners. Snag a table at Sonoma Wine Garden on the rooftop deck and soak in the ocean views and breezes.
- 3rd Street Promenade, 0.5 miles: This world-famous boulevard features an eclectic array of shops, entertainers and restaurants. It’s a great way to unwind after a long race.
- Santa Monica Pier Aquarium, 0.8 miles: Home to more than 100 species of marine animals and plants, all found in the Santa Monica Bay, visitors can get up close and personal with these plants and animals in the aquarium’s 4,500-square-foot interactive marine center.
- The Ocean Spa & Fitness, 0.9 miles: The Ocean Spa, located within Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel, offers therapeutic body treatments, relaxing massages and a host of salon services. Try the Beachcomber Santa Monica Massage, which features warm tiger infused with mineral-rich kelp and seawater to provide an unforgettable heated massage.
- Spa Le Merigot, 0.9 miles: Stop by for a Deep Tissue or Sports Massage after the marathon to rejuvenate sore muscles and release toxins. Located at the JW Marriott Santa Monica Le Merigot Hotel, all guests of the spa are also welcome to use any of the spa’s facilities, which include an eucalyptus steam room as well as a heated outdoor hotel pool.
- Pacific Park, 0.9 miles: Located on the world famous Santa Monica Pier, this seaside amusement park offers rides and games, and is the only free admission amusement park in Southern California.
- Perry’s Café and Beach Rentals, 0.5 miles: Take advantage of the miles of sprawling sand and enjoy a front-row view of the Pacific Ocean. Your personal Beach Butler from Perry’s Café and Beach Rentals can set up your beach chair, table and umbrella at your desired time and location, plus deliver chilled beverages and food, ensuring that you never have to leave your towel.
LA Marathon Tips: Five training tips from fitness experts
Whether you’re an avid marathon runner or celebrating a first venture into the 26.2 mile club, proper training and optimum health are key. Read on for tips from Santa Monica’s past and present training pros.
- Include some strength training and running in the sand on one of your weekly training days. This will increase your strength and prepare you mentally for the awesome feeling of your legs being totally drained! Todd McCullough, T-MAC Fitness
- Buy the proper shoes. Every foot is shaped differently and improper foot support can lead to serious injuries. Test your foot at a local reputable shoe store and find out what shoes are best for your foot-type and whether or not you need in-soles. Justin Roth, Circuit Works, Inc.
- Carb-load two days before with complex carbohydrates such as whole-wheat pasta. Try to avoid eating a heavy meal the day before the race to prevent a bloated stomach. Jason Vega, Iron Gym
- Stretch! You should delegate at least 20-30 minutes prior to the race to this. Your body will thank you the next day. Justin Roth, Circuit Works, Inc.
- Start the race slowly. Remember, you have 26.2 miles to run, so don’t get caught up in your adrenalin and go all out in the first mile. Stick to your plan and pace yourself smartly. Sonki Hong, Sonki Fitness, LLC