Sunday, March 19, 2017
Santa Monica welcomes the 2017 Skechers Performance Los Angeles Marathon! For the 9th consecutive year, the “Stadium to the Sea” course will kick off at Dodger Stadium and finish on Ocean Avenue at the intersection of Ocean Ave and California Avenue, just steps from the Santa Monica Pier. For street closures, parking and other LA Marathon-related information, visit smgov.net/lamarathon or check out the LA Marathon Fact Sheet.
Special Santa Monica offers for runners and fans
Come for the race, stay for the weekend and enjoy exclusive special offers for registered runners and fans listed below.
Please note specials below are from LA Marathon 2017. Check back for 2018 offers!
On March 19th, grab a celebratory post-marathon meal at The Albright, located on the SM Pier right by the finish line. Choose from one of our many delicious seafood dishes and craft wine/beer varieties and be sure to show your race number to receive a complimentary homemade cookie. Valid on March 19, 2017 only
Benny’s Tacos & Chicken Rotisserie
Take 10% off your entire bill. Cannot be combined with any other specials or coupons; no deliveries. Valid on March 19, 2017 only.
Receive 20% off entire purchase. Drinks purchased during this promo will be placed in a reusable boba tumbler which guests can take home as a souvenir. Valid March 17-20, 2017
Celebrate Happy Hour at Cabo Cantina for two-for-one on all drinks (4-8pm and 10:30pm-12:30am daily) and $9.95 bottomless mimosas and Bloody Marys (Friday to Sunday until 3pm). Priced per person. $5 minimum food purchase required. Bottomless time subject to change. Price is subject to tax and living wage surcharge. Restrictions apply. Valid January 27-July 31, 2018
Take 20% off your entire bill. Valid on March 19, 2017 only
Del Frisco’s Grille
All LA Marathon runners receive a complimentary Santa Monica Brew Works 310 draft beer. Must show proof of bib or medal. Valid on March 19, 2017 only
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Santa Monica
Receive a 15% discount on the ala carte dinner and special pre-race menu featured in the 4th Street Grille from 5-10pm on Saturday, March 18th. Valid only on March 18, 2017
Enjoy Erven’s specialty juices for half-off per person. Valid March 16-20, 2017
Fork in the Road
Receive a complimentary mix of Mediterranean olives and toasted almonds with any purchase (an $8 value). Valid March 17-19, 2017
Come to Herringbone for $1 oysters all day on the day of the LA Marathon. Valid on March 19, 2017 only
Kye’s on Montana Avenue is offering $10 off your purchase. Valid March 1-20, 2017
Marè Santa Monica
Buy one Maré specialty cocktail and get another free. Valid on March 16-20, 2017
Enjoy 10% off your purchase. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer or discount. Valid on March 19, 2017 only
Mercado Santa Monica
Spend $30 and receive a free dessert. Valid on March 19, 2017 only
O+O Sicilian Kitchen & Bar
Free order of meatballs with purchase for all LA Marathon runners. Must show proof of medal or registration number. Valid on March 19, 2017 only
Bring a friend to celebrate your accomplishment! Free entrée for LA Marathon Runners with the purchase of an entrée. To redeem, please show your marathon number at cashier at the Santa Monica location only. Limit one offer per bib. Up to $15 value with purchase. Valid on March 19, 2017 only
Enjoy 15% off your entire bill. Cannot be combined with any other offers. Valid on March 19, 2017 only
Aero Theatre is offering a two-for-one admission on any regular price American Cinematheque show. This offer valid only to LA Marathon participants. To redeem, please show your marathon number at the ticket booth. Valid on March 19-31, 2017
Aqua Surf School
Save 15% when you sign up using promo code “gone surfing.” Valid March 1-April 30, 2017
Take 10% off all bikes, apparel, parts and rentals. Valid March 14-21, 2017
Bike Attack Electric
10% off electric bikes, parts and apparel and e-bike rentals. Valid March 14-21, 2017
Bowlmor Lanes Santa Monica
$5 off your food/non-alcoholic beverage with a purchase of $20 or more. Discount does not apply to alcohol. Must mention this offer when placing the order. Only one discount per check. Valid March 19-20, 2017
Diana Ralys Skin Health
Choose between a free facial boost or an infrared body session (valued up to $70) with any treatment over $65. Facial boosts include: Instant Eye Lift, Oxygen Infusion, MicroDermabrasion, LED Light Therapy, Apple Jet Infusion, Decollete Treatment, or Hand Rejuvenation Treatment. Infrared sauna session include: Pain Relief, Weight Loss, Anti-Aging, Body Detox, Relaxation, Cardio Health. Take your facial to the next level with any of the boosts for all skin types and concerns. Infrared body treatments can alleviate pain, sore muscles, detox the body, lower blood pressure and more. This promotion cannot be combined with any other offers. Valid March 13-26, 2017
Hot 8 Yoga
$20 off your first month of an unlimited membership, or $20 off a 10-class package. Valid February 1-March 31, 2017
$5 off an Unlimited Ride Wristband, ages 8 and over. To redeem, visit www.pacpark.com/tickets and enter the promo code “LAMARATHON17.” Limit 4 per transaction. Park hours vary due to private events and weather. Please call (310) 260-8744 to confirm park hours before you visit. All items purchased must be redeemed on day of visit. Includes unlimited rides, all day long. This price is only available online. Valid February 6-May 19, 2017
Physical Therapy Solutions
Enjoy a 50% discount on any sports massage. Offer must be used within six months. Valid on March 19-September 19, 2017
The Gourmandise School
The Gourmandise School offers 20% off your purchase of any baking or cooking class using the code GOMARATHON20. All classes are held in our commercial kitchen in Santa Monica Place and feature a hands-on interactive experience. Valid February 6-April 30, 2017
Santa Monica Bike Center
Whether you are supporting an individual runner or just a general spectator, come by the Santa Monica Bike Center for 20% off rentals the day of the Marathon. It’s a great way to follow the course, get your own legs moving, and when you’re done, you can drop the bikes off at our location right by the Pier, just a short, pleasant seaside walk to the finish line! Valid on March 19, 2017 only
Santa Monica Playhouse
50% off all seats for all shows (“Finding Belle” and “A Delusional Affair) on Sunday, March 19. Valid only on March 19, 2017
Trapeze School New York: Los Angeles
Receive a waived registration fee and 20% off any class of your choice for marathon runners and their fan clubs on a flying trapeze class. To redeem, visit losangeles.trapezeschool.com and choose the class that works for you, then select “gift certificate” as the method of payment. Enter promo code: LA Marathon. We will then call you back within 24 hours and take payment. One time use only. Not valid with other discounts. Some health restrictions apply. All TSNY policies apply including subject to availability, 72-hour cancellation/reschedule policy for a full refund and a signed wavier for each student. Valid March 1-31, 2017
Take 10% off most items in-store. Valid March 1-June 1, 2017
Show off your runner’s bib and receive a free Animal Kingdom travel bowl and 5% off any purchase of $25 or more. Must present official entry confirmation or bib at time of purchase and discount. Each bib may receive offer one time only. Valid March 19-31, 2017
Chris + Mary
Receive 10% off entire purchase of handmade artisan gifts. Valid on March 19, 2017 only
Enjoy $10 off of purchases $65 or more. Valid March 1-20, 2017
Spend $75 and receive an Enamel Pin of your choice ($14 value) with your purchase. Valid on March 19, 2017 only
Take 30% your entire order when you show us your runner’s bib. Valid March 16-21, 2017
Fedora Primo is offering 15% off your purchase. Special offer does not apply to sale items, socks or jewelry. Valid on March 10-31, 2017
Receive 15% off your purchase. Valid March 12-26, 2017
Santa Monica Main Visitor Information Center
Stock up on all your favorite Santa Monica gear, gift items and Route 66 memorabilia with 30% off your entire purchase. Valid on March 19, 2017 only
Santa Monica Place
Show your out-of-town driver’s license, passport or hotel room key to the Santa Monica Place Concierge Level 2 by Bloomingdale’s to receive your complimentary Visitor Rewards card valued at $750 in special savings and offers at participating stores and restaurants. Must present offer to sales associate at checkout. Valid March 17-20, 2017
Receive a free sunglass clean care product with every sunglass purchase. Valid on March 19, 2017 only
Are you a Santa Monica business with a holiday special or event? Submit here
LA Marathon Tips: 10 spots within crawling distance of the finish line
Below are ten Santa Monica spots that runners, families and fans can celebrate post-race, all within walking (or crawling) distance from the finish line.
- Exhale Spa, 0.2 miles: Located at Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, Exhale invites runners to relax with a soothing massage, or reward themselves with a rejuvenating Acu-Energetic treatment.
- FIG Restaurant, 0.2 miles: Also within Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, FIG features acclaimed cuisine that uses fresh ingredients from the Santa Monica farmers markets.
- Cast Lounge, 0.9 miles: Take advantage of relaxing poolside dining at Viceroy Santa Monica, setting a perfect scene for celebrating a strong finish with friends.
- Santa Monica Place, 0.7 miles: The open-air shopping mall offers a chic, yet laid back shopping and dining experience for local and visiting runners. Snag a table at Sonoma Wine Garden on the rooftop deck and soak in the ocean views and breezes.
- 3rd Street Promenade, 0.5 miles: This world-famous boulevard features an eclectic array of shops, entertainers and restaurants. It’s a great way to unwind after a long race.
- Santa Monica Pier Aquarium, 0.8 miles: Home to more than 100 species of marine animals and plants, all found in the Santa Monica Bay, visitors can get up close and personal with these plants and animals in the aquarium’s 4,500-square-foot interactive marine center.
- The Ocean Spa & Fitness, 0.9 miles: The Ocean Spa, located within Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel, offers therapeutic body treatments, relaxing massages and a host of salon services. Try the Beachcomber Santa Monica Massage, which features warm tiger infused with mineral-rich kelp and seawater to provide an unforgettable heated massage.
- Spa Le Merigot, 0.9 miles: Stop by for a Deep Tissue or Sports Massage after the marathon to rejuvenate sore muscles and release toxins. Located at the JW Marriott Santa Monica Le Merigot Hotel, all guests of the spa are also welcome to use any of the spa’s facilities, which include an eucalyptus steam room as well as a heated outdoor hotel pool.
- Pacific Park, 0.9 miles: Located on the world famous Santa Monica Pier, this seaside amusement park offers rides and games, and is the only free admission amusement park in Southern California.
- Perry’s Café and Beach Rentals, 0.5 miles: Take advantage of the miles of sprawling sand and enjoy a front-row view of the Pacific Ocean. Your personal Beach Butler from Perry’s Café and Beach Rentals can set up your beach chair, table and umbrella at your desired time and location, plus deliver chilled beverages and food, ensuring that you never have to leave your towel.
LA Marathon Tips: Five training tips from fitness experts
Whether you’re an avid marathon runner or celebrating a first venture into the 26.2 mile club, proper training and optimum health are key. Read on for tips from Santa Monica’s past and present training pros.
- Include some strength training and running in the sand on one of your weekly training days. This will increase your strength and prepare you mentally for the awesome feeling of your legs being totally drained! Todd McCullough, T-MAC Fitness
- Buy the proper shoes. Every foot is shaped differently and improper foot support can lead to serious injuries. Test your foot at a local reputable shoe store and find out what shoes are best for your foot-type and whether or not you need in-soles. Justin Roth, Circuit Works, Inc.
- Carb-load two days before with complex carbohydrates such as whole-wheat pasta. Try to avoid eating a heavy meal the day before the race to prevent a bloated stomach. Jason Vega, Iron Gym
- Stretch! You should delegate at least 20-30 minutes prior to the race to this. Your body will thank you the next day. Justin Roth, Circuit Works, Inc.
- Start the race slowly. Remember, you have 26.2 miles to run, so don’t get caught up in your adrenaline and go all out in the first mile. Stick to your plan and pace yourself smartly. Sonki Hong, Sonki Fitness, LLC