Christmas and Hanukkah Festivities in Santa Monica
A variety of kosher and traditional menus highlight the seasonal celebrations for dine out or at home options available from beachfront hotel dining to neighborhood restaurants
SANTA MONICA, Calif., (November 29, 2021) – As the holidays and seasonal celebrations move into high gear, Santa Monica restaurants and hotels have many dining options for Hanukkah now through Dec. 6, Christmas Eve on Dec. 24 and Christmas Day on Dec. 25.
Buying the Hanukkah or Christmas meal locally matters. For every $10 spent at a Santa Monica business, as much as $7 stays in the community through taxes, payroll and other expenditures. Spending locally during the holidays ensures that sales taxes are reinvested in Santa Monica.
“During this challenging time we need to support our local restaurants and businesses as our community continues on the path to recovery and to bolster economic vitality,” said Misti Kerns, President and CEO of Santa Monica Travel & Tourism. “We are fortunate to have so many beautiful hotel dining options and unique restaurants to enjoy throughout the holiday season, many with enticing al fresco dining options. We appreciate and thank them all and encourage everyone to discover the specialness of Santa Monica.”
With 41 hotels – many of which are a stone’s throw away from the beach – and over 400 restaurants with an abundance of outdoor dining selections, the possibilities for beautiful outdoor, sun-filled, oceanfront Hanukkah or Christmas dining abound beginning with several hotels:
- Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows – The FIG restaurant menu will be expanded to include seasonal dishes and holiday-inspired specials. The locals’ favorite, FIG @ 5 Happy Hour, with half-price drinks and plates, is available. Please note, credit card is required for all bookings. For reservations, call 310-319-3111 or book online.
- Hotel Casa Del Mar – Celebrate the holidays by the ocean at Terrazza. Chef Gemma Gray has prepared Christmas Eve Dinner from 5:30-9 p.m. and Christmas Day Brunch from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Reserve a table.
- Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel – Walk into an enchanted SoCal Christmas filled with holiday cheer for the whole family. Sip on holiday cocktails and cozy up at one of the igloo or fire pit tables with views of the Pacific Ocean. As part of the Seaside Holidays program, guests will be able to reserve a seating for Breakfast with Santa, Tea with a Twist, Cocktails and Magic, be serenaded by the holiday hipster carolers, and so much more. To view the program, schedule and reserve a table for Breakfast with Santa and Tea with a Twist, click HERE. Event reservations to be made on Resy or by contacting the holiday hotline: Santamonicaholiday@loewshotels.com or 310-576-3164.
- Santa Monica Proper – Celebrate Christmas Eve and Christmas at Calabra Rooftop with a prix-fixe family style menu featuring seasonal cocktails on Dec. 24 from 5-10 p.m. and Christmas Day on Dec. 25 from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Enjoy Palma Lounge for Christmas Eve and Christmas featuring specially curated menu items highlighting coastal Italian seafood on Dec. 24 from 5-10 p.m. and Dec. 25 from 7-11 p.m. Make a reservation.
- Shutters on the Beach – Furthering its legacy as one of Southern California’s premier beachfront dining destinations, 1 Pico will celebrate the holidays beachside with Christmas Eve dinner from 5:30-9 p.m. and Christmas Day brunch from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Reserve a table.
- Viceroy Santa Monica – Enjoy the recently opened Sugar Palm Ocean Avenue for a three-course prix fixe Christmas Sunset Menu for dinner, inclusive of amuse, soup or salad, accompaniments, and dessert. Enjoy the holiday with friends and family under the palm trees at the new restaurant, which features an indoor lounge, outdoor patio, and poolside bar scene. Reservations can be made on OpenTable. Cabana reservations are available by calling at 310-260-7511.
Rounding out Santa Monica’s unique, open-air, al fresco dining scene throughout the eight great neighborhoods are restaurants that speak exquisitely to California culinary culture:
- Birdie G’s – Enjoy heat & serve offerings, such as an entire apple sunchoke cake with salted caramel or their beloved noodle kugel and more. Plus, enjoy festive cocktails and kosher wines from Israel’s Tzora Vineyards. Order online or call 310-310-3616 starting at 2 p.m. Menu available for takeout or delivery from Nov. 28 to Dec. 5.
- Huckleberry Bakery & Cafe – Enjoy a heat & serve menu that features organic potato pancakes, matzo ball soup, onion-braised beef brisket, a chocolate olive oil tart and much more. Order deadlines are 72 hours prior to the desired day. Order online, call 310-451-2311 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. or e-mail email@example.com. Menu available for takeout or delivery through Dec. 5.
- Wexler’s Deli – Enjoy Hanukkah dinners for takeout and delivery, featuring braised holiday brisket, crispy potato latkes, roasted heirloom carrots with honey and rosemary, matzo ball soup, a large market salad and six chocolate babka. Order now.
Santa Monica residents also have the chance to enjoy a staycation or find space for family and friends at local hotels through the “Santa Monica Extra Bedroom” program running through February 6, 2022. Twenty-five participating hotels are offering discounted stays.
Santa Monica Travel & Tourism encourages responsible holiday travel by following current health orders, taking advantage of public and alternative modes of transportation, and practicing patience at local businesses.
Keep up with holiday happenings, dining, and the Extra Bedroom program at santamonica.com.
About Santa Monica Travel & Tourism
Santa Monica Travel & Tourism (SMTT) works to strengthen our local economy by enhancing and promoting our communities as a distinctive, compelling and welcoming travel destination. For more information visit santamonica.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or follow SMTT on Instagram (@SeeSantaMonica), Twitter (@GoSantaMonica) or Facebook (@VisitSantaMonica).