SMTT Dashboard Update: FY 17/18 Recap
Santa Monica Travel & Tourism’s (SMTT) FY 17-18 international sales and marketing plan implemented various trade, consumer, and public relations campaigns in its target markets of Australia, Brazil, France, Germany, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and the United States. SMTT also continued its initial exploration of the China market establishing a verified WeChat service account and secured official trade and PR representation in India.
Core tactics employed include sales calls, travel agent/tour operator trainings, trade shows, familiarization tours and marketing campaigns to drive hotel bookings and heighten brand awareness. This is combined with partner engagements and public relations/media events. In addition, SMTT has leveraged digital technology with the implementation of its first social media & influencer campaigns, and reporting dashboard system.
During FY 17-18, Santa Monica Travel & Tourism…
- Has engaged in a total of over 6,010 activities, impacting over 8,880 participants.
- To date, 100% of all activities is Trade.
- Has hosted 54 Familiarization (FAM) tours, impacting over 288 participants.
- 68% of FAM participants stayed in a Santa Monica hotel.
- 30% were Trade FAMs; 70% Media/PR FAMs.
- Attended 22 Trade shows including Luxperience, World Travel Market, Visit USA, Active America China, ILTM and Visit CA Brazil.
- Conducted over 738 sales calls, 92 sales trainings, 74 events, 32 partner engagements.
- Launched 38 campaigns aligning with top brands such as Abercrombie & Kent, Utour, Flight Centre and Helloworld with a combined reach of over 83.9 million people in Australia, Brazil, China, France and United Kingdom.
- Chinese social media platforms Weibo and WeChat average of over 26,750 page views per month.
- Garnered media coverage in about over 70 publications with a combined media value of $4.36 million and reaching over 965 million people throughout Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Mexico, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and the United States.
- United Kingdom is the #1 market for international traffic received to the SMTT website, followed by Australia and India.
- New York City is the #1 market for domestic traffic received to the SMTT website.
How to Work with SMTT
Want to improve your tourism business? Santa Monica Travel & Tourism can assist to increase your tourism revenues through a number of marketing, advertising (Official Visitors Guide, Official Map) public relations and sales opportunities.
For more information, please find contacts for each department below or visit Santa Monica Travel & Tourism’s Business Opportunities page.
Marketing & Interactive:
Kim Sidoriak, Chief Marketing Officer
Public & Community Relations:
Lauren Salisbury, Public Relations Manager
Visit santamonica.com/partnership-opportunities for more information