Westside Ballet’s production of The Nutcracker is a Los Angeles tradition dating all the way back to 1973 – the longest running Nutcracker production in Los Angeles.
As featured in the Los Angeles Times, the artistic direction captures the spirit of the legendary George Balanchine, passed on by Yvonne Mounsey, who created the Nutcracker role of Center Spanish during the peak of her career as principal dancer with New York City Ballet.
“Ours is very true to the story as is reflected in the music and the spirit,” says Caprice Walker, Associate Artistic Director of Westside’s Nutcracker. “We have all of the elements that audiences look for – the falling snow, a Christmas tree that grows, and that magical moment when the Polichinelles pop out from under Mother Ginger’s skirt.”
- Saturday, Nov 24th, Nutcracker performances 1 & 2, 1pm & 5pm
- Sunday, Nov 25th, Nutcracker performances 3 & 4, 1pm & 5pm
- Wednesday, Nov 28th & Thursday, Nov 30th, Educational Outreach Performances of “Nutcracker Suite” (11am – 12:30pm) at Broad Stage
- Saturday, Dec 1st, Nutcracker performances 5 & 6, 1pm & 5pm
- Sunday, Dec 2nd, Nutcracker performances 7 & 8, 1pm & 5pm