Santa Monica hosts thousands of weddings and wedding receptions throughout the year because of the beach, hotel amenities and large group dining options.
There are four common locations for a wedding in Santa Monica:
Santa Monica beach weddings are allowed on Santa Monica State Beach and within Palisades Park.
Beach weddings in Santa Monica:
- can be held anywhere on Santa Monica State Beach, as long as lifeguard views are unobstructed
- space is available on a first-come, first-serve basis
- must have less than 150 participants on site
- can also be held at Palisades Park
- tables, chairs, runners and small archways
- canopies under 400 square feet
- stages under 30” high
- amplified sound between 8 am – 10 pm
- generators are not recommended, if required it must be battery powered
- structures that would require building and safety permits or fire permits
- tents with side panels
- vehicles on park turf or pathways, sand, bike path or Ocean Front Walk
- staking anything into turf or attaching anything to trees, shrubs, facilities and other amenities
- blocking sidewalks or pedestrian pathways
- fires, cooking, alcohol, glass containers and smoking
For more information, please contact the City of Santa Monica Community & Cultural Services Department at 310-458-8300.
Annenberg Community Beach House
Located on Santa Monica State Beach, the Annenberg Community Beach House can accommodate wedding parties from 10 to 400. A popular option during the summer where beachfront ceremonies can turn into evening celebrations.
For more information on the Annenberg Community Beach House call 310-458-4934.
Several Santa Monica hotels offer wedding and reception space, along with wedding amenities, dining options and a variety of services.
Hotels with available wedding reception space include:
- Viceroy Santa Monica
- Hotel Casa del Mar
- Le Méridien Delfina Santa Monica
- Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows
- Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel
- Shutters on the Beach
- Huntley Santa Monica Beach
- Cal Mar Hotel Suites
- JW Marriott Santa Monica Le Merigot
The Santa Monica Travel & Tourism Sales Department can help you book room blocks (typically 10 or more rooms per night), find hotel blocks at all price points and special event assistance by calling 800-771-2322 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Non-hotel venues include unique properties, restaurants and multi-purpose space.
Non-hotel venues with available wedding reception space include:
- Museum of Flying
- Pacific Park/Seaside Pavilion
- Santa Monica Bay Women's Club
- Santa Monica Pier
- The Victorian
- Tiato Market Garden Cafe
- Joslyn Park Community Auditorium
- Marine Park Community Auditorium
- Reed Park Community Auditorium
For more information, contact the Santa Monica Travel & Tourism Sales Department by calling 800-771-2322 or emailing email@example.com.
For more information about community auditoriums, please contact the City of Santa Monica Community & Cultural Services Department at 310-458-8300.