Meeting Planner Frequently Asked Questions
Does Santa Monica have a convention center?
Santa Monica does not have an official convention center but has three large meeting venues:
- The Santa Monica Civic Auditorium – 27,000 sq/ft of event space
- Barker Hangar – 36,000 sq/ft of event space
- The Broad Stage – 32,000 sq/ft of event space
Santa Monica is also only 13 miles (21 km) away from the Los Angeles Convention Center.
What is the closest airport to Santa Monica?
Santa Monica is only 8 miles (13 km) north of Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). There are a variety of transportation options from LAX into Santa Monica:
- Bus – $1 (take the Santa Monica’s Big Blue Bus Rapid #3 from LAX to downtown Santa Monica)
- Taxi – From LAX to Santa Monica, there is a flat rate of $35 North of I-10 and $30 South of I-10, not including tip (approximately 15% of fare)
- Shuttle Vans – $20-$30 (Super Shuttle or PrimeTime Shuttle – group rates are available)
Are there offsite dining options close to the hotels in Santa Monica?
YES. There are over 400 restaurants in Santa Monica. Most are within walking distance to the area’s hotels. If your group is staying at an Ocean Avenue hotel, there are restaurants that line the street and within walking distance are two districts which offer numerous dining, shopping and entertainment options: the Third Street Promenade and Main Street.
Where are the closest golf courses?
Penmar Golf Course (2 miles / 3.2 km)
Riviera Country Club (2.3 miles / 3.7 km)
Rancho Park Golf Course (4.5 miles / 7.2 km)
Los Angeles Country Club (5.3 miles / 8.5 km)
Westchester Golf Course (6.0 miles / 9.7 km)
Woodley Lakes Golf Course (11.2 miles / 18.0 km)
The Lakes at El Segundo (16.6 miles / 26.7 km)
Malibu Country Club (28.1 miles / 45.2 km)
Los Verdes Golf Course (28.2 miles / 45.4 km)
Trump National Golf Course (34.3 miles / 55.2 km)
Can you refer me to local vendors and services for my event?
YES. We offer free referrals for services, facilities and suppliers to meet your specific and creative event needs. Call us for help with the following referrals:
- Destination management companies
- Private event coordinators
- Live entertainment options
- Spa and relaxation services
- Prop companies
- Itinerary suggestions
- Transportation – limousines, charter buses, private and commercial air service and more
- Photography, video and audio/visual services
- Santa Monica destination photography
- Personal shoppers for VIP gifts, souvenirs and specialized items
- Catering – firms, hotels and restaurants
- Tour coordinators and multi-lingual tour guides
- Opening reception sites, off-site meeting and event venues and group dining
- Churches and other places of worship
- Reliable local vendors – florists, dry cleaners, pharmacies, copy shops, etc.
- Long-term corporate-stay alternatives
Can you provide nametags, onsite registration and other conference services for my event?
YES. We offer FREE registration services including on-site welcome from our team, badges, sign-in, visitor information and coordination of sign-up for additional activities or events for groups over 200.
I’d like to have my event on the beach – can you help me with arrangements?
YES. Santa Monica CVB has a close working relationship with the office that handles beach events. Please call us directly to discuss your event needs and work with you to coordinate.
I’d like to have my event or product launch on the Third Street Promenade – can you help me with arrangements?
YES - Santa Monica CVB has a close working relationship with the office that handles Promenade events. Please call us directly we can discuss your event needs and work with you to coordinate.
What is the government rate in your region?
Currently, the 2009/2010 government rate in the city limits of Santa Monica is $209. Please call us directly and we can tell you about the hotels in Santa Monica that accommodate government rates.